Goodbye Mama (Plot Idea)

Plot Idea 21

Carrie gets a call from the hospital that her mother, Margaret is on her death bed getting ready for her final moments due to Cancer. Carrie gets there right away to be by her side and when she gets there, Margaret turns to her daughter with a smile, obviously happy to see her one last time before she passes.

They have a long conversation with each other, Margaret tells Carrie that she's proud of the woman she's become and that God would be pleased with the path that she chose, referring to her being a hero and doing all these amazing things. She also tells Carrie is that the thing that she regrets the most is not being the better mother that she was supposed to be and gives her a tearful apology for how she treated Carrie in the past. Carrie agrees that Margaret was a terrible mother to her but forgives her, is glad that she admitted her wrongdoings and tells her that she loves her.

Margaret passes away an hour later, Carrie is obviously sad but knows she's at peace and in a better place. She's also glad her and her mother rekindled their relationship before she finally passed, she, in a way, felt free and at peace herself after the final moment with her mother.

Tony paid for a private funeral for Margaret like Carrie requested, Carrie's friends from the Charles Xavier's school, Charles himself and the other Avengers also came to the private funeral after learning of Carrie's loss and to be emotional support for her.