19 | Lamb to the Slaughter: Part One

Start from the beginning

"Stop talking." Robin sighed, moving to grab Christina's coat from the hanger, pulling her with her despite her protests as she struggled to wiggle free.

"Robin." She tried her curt tone, but the latter wasn't fazed as she pulled the door open, emerging out into the hallway. "Robin, I swear to God-Fuck's sake how are you not budging," she hissed through gritted teeth, trying to pull her back into the house but Robin kept walking like her weight didn't affect her one bit.

Robin's knuckles struck against Finn's door, and Christina blew out her frustration, giving up and smoothing down her ginger curls.

Finn was quick to open the door, eyebrows shooting up approvingly at the sight of the two women before him. "Nice." His lips curled down as he nodded in appreciation.

Robin arched an eyebrow. "You don't look too bad yourself," she commented, looking at the black tuxedo he wore, form-fitting and transforming him into a completely different person, a stark contrast to his usual sweatpants and comic t-shirts.

Christina tilted her head to take a look, hands resting on her waist. "Oh yeah. You're going all in with the black tie." She gestured, and Finn plastered a tight smile at the surprise behind her voice. "Bow and everything." He was even wearing stud earrings.

"Yes ma'am. I can look nice when I have to." He adjusted his cuff links.

"That makes two of you," Christina mumbled, and Robin gave her a side-eye. She looked back at her unapologetically.

Finn arched an eyebrow at the exchange. "Trouble in paradise?"

"You need rest!" She brought the argument back, exasperation evident in her tone. Finn blinked in bewilderment, feeling like he opened a can of worms.

Robin ignored her. "Got your keys?" She asked Finn, moving past Christina to lock their door.

"Robin."

"Uh... yeah." He closed his door behind him, locking it as well.

"Robin." Christina ground her teeth.

"Then, let's go."

Finn followed Robin inside the elevators, he looked back to notice that Christina still stood before their door, arms crossed against her stomach, features morphed into a scowl. He looked at Robin, who leaned back on the wall, hands tucked inside her pocket, staring back at her evenly.

"Don't ignore me," Christina snapped.

"Uh..." Finn awkwardly pressed the open elevator door button, keeping his thumb there.

"You're staying here," she added, calmly this time, "Finn and I will be fine."

They might be fine, but Robin wouldn't rest easy with them out so late, despite her heavy muscles protesting. She could still feel the quiet throbbing in her head, the aftermath of the episode she had this afternoon that resulted in her vomiting. It wouldn't be long before the medication she took effect - although it would wound up exhausting her and making her muscles sore, she could tolerate it.

"It'll be fine," Robin reassured.

"It might be, but you don't have to."

Robin sighed, pushing her body forward and reaching for her. Christina knew what was coming, and she planted her feet on the ground as if it could aid her case, clenching her fists together and tightening every muscle in her body.

"Don't drag me," she warned. Robin ignored her again, ducking forward and lifting Christina's arm over her head. The latter had no time to react when Robin slipped her free arm between her knees, grasping the outer one tightly and pulling her up, standing straighter now that she had her off the ground. "No! Robin!"