21

Zane jogs out of the house, backpack full of cleaning supplies, board in hand.  He runs to the street and throws his board against the ground, then jumps on it. He pushed his right foot against the road pavement and weaves between passing cars. He gets honks and angry jesters, but he's so happy he ignores it all. He zoomed down the roads, grinning as he imagines his first day dating the curious boy. 

Shane was a new scene to Zane. Zane was used to sleeping with slightly older males, in collage who mistook him for an adult. As long as they wanted to be fucked by him, he'd go along with it. He never thought of perusing anything more unless they had a good personality, and that was rare. Sometimes he's go after guys with no experience, or at least little experience. He also hated straight boys, not straight as in sexuality, but straight personalities. He wanted a guy who was free to fuck and have fun, party and play around with. Most of the guys he met were to busy in college to have the same fun Zane wanted, but hes also a sucker for railing guys with lots of experience. So, the new character was interesting to Zane. Zane tried to understand the boy when he first got curious, but he's having a harder time understanding him than he though.

He slows to a stop in front of Shane's aunts, then he picks up the board and walks to the door. He swallows before pressing the doorbell, there's running then the door pulls open to reveal a little girl.

"Hello!" She looks up at the male, her eyes light up. "You're so cool!"

Zane raised an eyebrow, but starts laughing. He kneels to be eye level with the child.

"My names Zane, do you remember me from the school fence with Shane?"

She mouth drops and she nods violently. She turns and runs into the house, leaving the door open. He stands confused what he should do, then he hears her call for Shane, so he takes a step inside and shuts the door. He thought the little girl was very cute, but he couldn't help but think of how dangerous it was for her to open the door and leave it open while she ran into the house. Her sense of danger was obviously very low. A minutes later and Shane comes down with his niece on his back, the boys smile warmly to each other.

"Hi, sorry if she was loud."

"She's fine, it was cute. But she shouldnt leave the door wide up and run into the house like that. What if it wasn't me and it was someone who wanted to hurt her, or you."

Shane drops his cousin on the couch and turns to her. He sits in the coffee table across from her.

"Madz, what did we talk about?"

"To stay away from the door unless it family."

"Exactly, and what else?"

"Always shut the door before I leave," she looks down and her hands, playing with her fingers. "I'm sorry."

"I know, but we have the rules so that you are safe. We love you and that's why you have to be careful. Now come on, don't sulk and get your shoes."

She excitedly stands, then she stops and turns to Shane.

"Can I open the door if it's him?" She points back to Zane, and the boys smile at each other.

"Yes, you can let in Zane."

She runs to Zane, then grabs his hand, "you're family!"

Zane laughs and pats the girls head, she runs away up the stairs.

"Sorry. I don't know if I mentioned or not, but she's on the spectrum. I know she can be a lot, and pretty damn loud. But I love her so much," Shane stands and walks over.

"That's makes more sense," Zane grabs the hands of Shane. "The lack of danger sensors really ads up now. But, she's absolutely adorable. I'm a sucker for kids, I really am. I guess I like kids so much because I feel protective over them. Like, I try to find myself in every kid, so that way I feel like I have to protect them. I do this will a lot of people. My therapist says is a coping mechanism, about not being able to protect myself when I was younger, so instead I protect others."