Chapter 8

Zane still has money stashed away,  to be exact 3k. He saves this for when it's needed, like his bar nights or game nights with the boys. So, he pulls out $100 and leaves at 10 pm through his window. He has plans, plans to see his gang. It's been a whole month since they've communicated, Zane didn't say a word before he left, so for all he knows they think he's dead. Why haven't they just called? Zane was an idiot and broke his phone, they couldn't get back into this old account, meaning he had to re-create one and set a new number on that account. He was pissed.

He walks through the empty and dimly lit streets, cutting through alleyways to get to the bar faster. The silent rounds allowed him to think, the thinking allowed him to process all the change that has occurred. One thing was excited about most, was seeing his stress relievers, the boys. John and Ethan.

After Zane's biological parents passed in the crash, he was alone completely, but he had met Ethan. Zane still will laugh about the meeting. Everyone else didn't like Ethan because he liked to "pick trouble", and Zane was alone because he was always depressed and angry, they fit so perfectly together. They became such close friends, spending every waking moment together even after Zane's adoption. The boys were stuck together like glue, the closest of friends.

John had befriended the two in middle school. John was also an outcast, and the pair noticed that; so it seems John did as well. A friendship that took longer to create, but now they are the troubled trio. They befriended all the other quiets and outcasts in the school, leaving the popular group and the troubled group, the only two groups that mattered. Zane laughs now looking back at the group, seeing as it was a war between the rich and the down on their luck groups.

John's family owns a bar that's also a club. He's worked at the bar since he was 11, cleaning the tables or setting up the book tables in the morning, along with the dishes. Now he's everyone's favorite bartender at 19. In middle school John was quiet, he was dealing with a lot. His father got murder in front of him, a drive-by occurred while he was in the back seat laying down. He was quiet, depressed, angry. He found himself getting held back by grades and verbally fighting the other students and teachers. The depression didn't help, the bar didn't help because it was only a reminder, school was piling up, no one liked him, he was alone. He was lucky the two other outcasts knew the struggles.

Ethan doesn't have as dark of a past, but he's been diagnosed with anxiety since the age of 8, and his rich stuck up white middle-aged father doesn't believe the diagnosis. His father would call him names, tell him to grow up, to stop being a "little girl". One day he stole his fathers' money in freshman year and found a drug dealer, his dealer in the future. His father freaked out. Ethan kept doing it. In Junior year, 3 months before Zane's move, Ethan's father got so sick of the behavior he turned to abuse. Ethan moved out, his mother being the kind-hearted woman she was and helped him pay for a nice house while she worked sense into her husbands' mind.

All 3 are outcasts, and they worked great together. But there was one problem, they didn't know Zane was gay. Zane loves them very much, and he knows the two supported their LGBT friends full heartily, but he didn't know if being gay would change the way they were so close together. He figured it wouldn't, but he didn't want to find out if it did or didn't. Zane knew he would come clean soon, but the anxiety stopped him every time he was going to try. He will change that tonight, he will tell them tonight; he's determined.

He steps up to the door, not realizing he has already arrived. He looks at the bouncer, Dave.

"Back finally?"

With a small nod, Zane asks "John in?"

Dave smiled at the teen, opening the doors. They both ignore the angry groans from the people in the line, Zane is one of the 3 people who can skip the line completely.

A teen, but a family friend VIP card that allows him and Ethan in. Ethan is the second person who's allowed to skip the line completely, the third is someone they haven't met.

The bar is half the property, quiet music as you walk in, but the ones allowed downstairs are the ones who make the party. He walks towards the big board on the wall next to him, showing who works upstairs and who worked downstairs. The bar is highly LGBT friendly, always having a drag queen performing, you see queer couples everywhere. Gay Heaven for the gays, likely because it's the only gay-friendly bar in the area. But, the downstairs is the best part of the place.

Live DJ, bright flashy lights everywhere, the longest bar with the biggest drink selection; private booths, a large dance floor, rooms for the pole dancers, and much more. The locals like how the bar is upstairs and the club are downstairs. The ones that just want a drink stay upstairs, and the ones who wish to go downstairs have to buy special tickets. The soundproofing all around allows little sound to go from downstairs to the quietness of upstairs.

Today, John works below as a bartender. So, as he passes through the peaceful bar to the sliding doors that lead to the club, he prepares himself. The rich use the club, the middle and lower use the bar, meaning there's always a possibility of the people he avoids being there.

He pulls out his wallets grabbing his card and laying it over the scanner. It silently turns green and slightly pushes open. He manually opens the rest just for his person to slip through, and he shuts it till it clicks again. The VIP cards come in handy.