She explains, not fully explaining what was being said, adding the question she needs an answer to.

"After making sure Skye was safe and still sleeping beside Maria, we left the safe house and headed for the house in question. The family had not returned as we got there, so I let us in and waited for them in the hallway. The father was quite angry to have someone break into their house, but the mother seemed to recognise us. The man tried to attack but he ended up with quite a beating before we left."

Natasha explains and Melinda nods her head. She should have known the two wouldn't go fully over top when dealing with this people. She can't blame them, seeing as they are in the dark of what happened that day.

"Anyone we can call that could look into a few things for me that already know of Skye and her family situation?"

Is her second question and she shakes her head when she sees how Natasha and Clint turn to look at one another for a second time, the worry in their eyes only growing.

"From the look you two are sharing I would say you do, who is it?"

"Gwen's father."

Clint answers the question, and this makes Melinda lift one eyebrow.

"Officer George Stacy, police officer."

Natasha explains and Melinda nods her head, holding out her hand. Seeing how Natasha rolls her eyes, she hands over her phone before grabbing hold of Clint and pulls him out of the room. Shaking her head, Melinda starts to look through Natasha's contact list and finds the number she looks for. With a deep breath, she makes the call.

"Romanoff, what can I do for you?"

Is the reply she gets once the call goes through.

"This is not Romanoff; my name is Melinda May. Romanoff and Barton informed me you are somewhat up to speed on Skye's family situation and life."

Melinda speaks, keeping herself levelled and cool.

"Is she alright? Has anything happened?"

Hearing these questions, Melinda moves the phone so she can see it properly before she puts the phone on the table, activating the speakers.

"She is complete fine, with everything considering, I'm calling you because I need some help. I need someone that can look into a foster family."

She explains, both her hands on the table as she leans forwards.

"This doesn't sound good."

"It's the foster family Skye lived with before Romanoff, Barton and Hill decided to take over the roll as her guardian. After being re connected with one another not that long ago, Skye has finally started to open up about her past and what I have learned. I just need to make sure that family doesn't have any children in their house and make sure they don't have any foster children in the future."

There was a silence over the line after Melinda finished explaining.

"What name am I to look for?"

Is the replay that she gets a few seconds later. Lowering her own head, Melinda takes in a deep breath before she lifts her head.

"I will send you everything I have gathered and my own number. I want this to be kept silent, for Skye's own mental state she can't know what we are doing, especially if this is goes further."

Melinda tells the man, hopping he understands the seriousness in all of this.

"I fully understand. I just have one question..."

The man starts to say, and Melinda rolls her eyes, already knowing what question is about to be asked.

"Yes, I'm the woman who she sees as her mother, and I very much see her as my own. Now I need to head back to the family party that your daughter is at too, I will contact you later."

Melinda answers him before ending the call, giving the man no chance of saying anything else. With a deep breath, to collect herself, she puts away Natasha's phone and taking out her own, deciding now is probably a good time to send Coulson a message that neither her, Simmons or Skye will be returning back that night. Once that is out of the way, and a message sent to Gwen's father what he needs, she leaves the office and heads back to the party, coming to a stop in the door opening as she watches the crazy group in front of her.

She shakes her head but smiles slightly as she sees the smile on Skye's face. Feeling that someone has placed themselves beside her and with a turn of her head, her eyes landing on Victoria. Nodding her in a greeting, she can see that the other woman wishes to speak, and she turns her head to the side.

"Something happened, didn't it?"

Victoria asks, making sure to keep her voice low as she does.

"Someone managed to end up on Skye's fear list."

Melinda explains, turning her eyes towards the young woman in question, which seems to be having trouble with Simmons, Gwen, Natasha and Clint.

"Why do I get a feeling that person is..."

Victoria starts to say, only to grow silent when she realises, she can't use his name. Knowing who she was thinking of Melinda nods her head as an answer either way. Victoria shakes her head and Melinda can see anger in her eyes and she can almost see how the agent beside her yell at Coulson once she gets hold of him again.

"He doesn't know yet."

Melinda warns her, which makes Victoria's eyes narrow.

"I think I had managed to get Skye to agree on telling him, but then he goes doing something like that..."

Melinda explains and she sees how Victoria rolls her eyes at this, and Melinda is quite sure she can hear the other woman mumble that he is worse less. The only thing Melinda can do is agree with her on that. She wishes she could be angrier with him, to tell him exactly what she thinks and how much he has screwed up. But seeing as he is still in the dark, this isn't something she can do without exposing who Skye is.

"Well then, I think this answer one of our many questions."

A voice suddenly says, making Melinda and Victoria turn their attention towards the direction of the sound.

"And what question would that be?"

Melinda decides to ask, having a bad feeling about the answer she might be getting.

"If Victoria Hand is Skye's aunt."

Natasha starts to explain, which makes Melinda roll her eyes and she is sure that Victoria is doing the same.

"Then who is she a sister too? Her mother or father."

Maria continues, the smile on her former rookies' lips informs Melinda that she will never hear the end of this. With a shake of her head, she crosses her arms, hopping her narrowed eyes will put an end to the conversation. Skye being the one to first see the signs that she was tired all of this, and she quickly tries to divert the conversation to something else.

Having Pepper join her and Victoria, they watch as the younger generation along side the adult child that is Tony Stark are trying to start up some type of coemption, just to get the rest of the evening to, not to mention something to get their minds on something else that doesn't involve asking more questions.