Maria

The moment she ends the call with Skye, Maria isn't sure what to think or do next. Looking at her computer screen, she tries to put everything together.

One, Skye needed to get away from her mission, used the system they have all agreed on to use and she had completely missed it. Resulting in her sending Phil's new team to arrest Skye.

Two, Skye now knows she ahs been laying to her for months. Now finding out that Phil is alive, and she is stuck with him on a plane.

Three, Phil doesn't realise the hacker they have picked up is the same girl he used to call his daughter, whenever Skye wasn't around to hear it because he worried it would scare her.

Four, Melinda is going to kill her once she figures all of this out and if Melinda won't, then Natasha will, with Clint on the side-line to make sure the job will be done.

With these four points, the conclusion and outcome, Maria knows she's in deep water and with death close behind her. Closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath, she tries to calm herself down. Now isn't the time to lose her head. She did make Skye a promise after all, to tell her everything that happened to Phil, and she is going to keep that promise.

Opening her eyes once more, she reaches out to start working. Only to stop, her fingers hovering over her keyboard. Director Fury had made it clear, no S.H.I.E.L.D agent under level 7 is allowed to know that agent Phil Coulson is alive. And the Avengers definitely isn't allowed this information.

However, Skye isn't a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, she may have had some training to become one but that was all to keep her safe after all. And she needed that training to do the undercover work for her and Victoria after all. So, the orders don't affect her. And then there is the small detail that Skye is already face to face with Phil.

"Are you going to type or just look at your keyboard?"

Hearing the question and whose voice it is, Maria rolls her eyes. Pulling her hands away from the keyboard, she takes a deep breath before turning around in her chair. By doing this, she ends up face to face with a masked Gwen Stacy, hanging from the sealing.

"Ghost, what can I do for you?"

She asks, knowing it would be a bad idea to say her real name when the mask is on. Just as Gwen knows it's a bad idea for her to enter a S.H.I.E.L.D base. Most agents are on the same side of the police force, thinking she is a public enemy number one. All because the knowledge that S.H.I.E.L.D is protecting her is classified for her family and the Avengers.

It doesn't matter that Gwen is wearing the mask, with the years that Maria has known the young girl, she knows when she is worried or scared.

"What's wrong?"

She asks, growing worried once more. Seeing how Gwen turns her head to the side, only makes Maria more worried.

"I think something has happened to Skye. I went to visit her, but her van is missing, and I can't get hold of her. I've tried everything and..."

Hearing what is making the Spider hero worried, Maria calms down and let's out a sigh of relief. This would be easy to explain at least.

"Get out of her, change into your normal clothes and meet me at the usual dinner. I'll explain everything I know."

Maria tells her, and she can once again see past the mask and see the surprise on her face. Seeing that Gwen nods her head and heads into the vent she came from, Maria shakes her head and smiles. She needs to have a long conversation with Clint one of these days about teaching people the vent systems.

Turning her attention back to her computer, she decides she can collect everything Skye will need to know later. For now, she needs to make sure Gwen is alright after all. Pushing her chair back, Maria makes sure she everything she needs before heading out of her office and out of the base.