Skye

She's very nervous to say the least, in this moment she would rather have gone through anything Melinda wanted to teacher when it came to basic self-defense, or to sit and listen through every single information Phil has on Captain America. She was even prepared to go back in time to the first time she meets Maria, Natasha and Clint once more than to go through with this. Deep down she knows she has nothing to worry about, her siblings have made sure everything is safe and they have given her a phone with their numbers on the speed dial just to be on the safe side.

Everything is going to be alright, it's not like she hasn't been playing with other kids her own age before. Granted, back then, most of the time it had been forced or she had been invited in because some parent felt sorry that she was being left out. This however is something completely different. This time around, she's going home with her first friend.

After today's training, she would be going home with Gwen. Maria needed to work over, and Natasha and Clint are out on a mission, a mission that apparently includes Phil. She knows she isn't supposed to know that information, but she had overheard them talking about it the night before they left. Which meant she had not been able to sleep properly that night because she ended up missing him and once, she starts missing him, she also starts to miss Melinda a lot.

Realizing she is spiraling down the same road once more, she shakes her head, now isn't the time for that. With a deep breath, Skye changes from her training clothes into something more comfortable, Gwen had been fast in her own changing and had the time to use the bathroom before Skye is ready.

"This is going to be so much fun!"

Gwen happily says, linking her own arm around Skye's as they leave the changing room. Skye gives her a small smile, not knowing exactly what else to do in this moment. She let Gwen lead them, feeling this is the easiest way right now. As the enter the lobby, her eyes lands on Gwen's father and she forces herself to take a deep breath and to stay calm. Natasha and Maria have told her that he is a good man, and he will be making sure she is safe and sound when ever he is around.

It didn't help with her fear completely, at least she knows he's good enough if her sisters are telling her that he is. She had come to terms with how far they will go to make sure she's safe and sound after all. Feeling how Gwen let's her arm go and rushes to her father for a hug, Skye slowly walks towards them, she makes sure that she has both Zia and Evgenia in sight just in case.

Feeling how Gwen's father looks at her, she freezes up slightly and she must remind herself once more that Natasha and Maria trust this man. Seeing how he smiles warmly at her and don't even try to move towards her makes Skye feel slightly better, it's not much but it's something.

"So, are you two ready to head out?"

The older man asks, his eyes retuning back to Gwen who happily nods her head. With a nod of his own, he opens the door and holds it open for them. When Skye doesn't move, Gwen is beside her once more and pulls her along. A police car is waiting for them outside and Skye can feel how here eyes grows big, memories she has been trying to forget suddenly rushes towards her once more and she needs to close her eyes.

Remembering and hearing Melinda's voice in her head, telling her how to breath properly, she follows the instructions to calm herself down. This isn't like last time; she needs to remember that this is far from last time. As she opens her eyes once more, she sees how Gwen's father opens the back door for them and Gwen happily jumps in. She's a bit more careful as she enters the car and once the older man is sure both girls are inside safely, he closes the door.

"Have you ever ridden in a police car before?"

Gwen suddenly asks and Skye shakes her head, it being easier to just say no, had she said yes there would be a lot more follow up questions, questions she's not ready to answer yet. Seeing the happy smile on her friend's face, Skye forces herself to relax and smile back, but the moment Gwen's father starts to car and starts driving down the road, she can't help but to freak out slightly.