Chapter 14

" what is he doing here?" Sejong whispered to me, while we were busy at our own desks.
I looked up and she pointed with her chin to the direction. And I saw mingi, followed by Yunho, heading toward our department.
" oh, mr.song? What brings you here?" Our manager stood up, greeting him, which makes everyone stand up too.
" just to check around," he said, " I just want to  see if our employees are working under comfortable environments," he said while stealing glances at me. I looked down not to meet his eyes.
"Yes, yes," the manager said, " everyone can work comfortably , thanks to you."
" okay, then, I will leave now," then mingi left, with a smirk on his face.
As soon as he left, sejong leaned to me, " oh my god , I thought my heart was going to stop. I can't even imagine how the staff in his department are working." And I also saw other staffs sighing heavily in relief upon his departure.
................
One month of my internship is over.
And my results on becoming permanent staff will reveal today.
" don't worry,"  Sejong patted my shoulder, " you did great in everything. You will surely get employed."
I nodded.
I believe in myself ,but what if mingi mess with it.
In the evening, our manager comes in with a file in his hand.
" Ms. hong," he called.
" yes?" I answered in nervousness.
He smiled, waving the file in his hand, " welcome to our company. You have now become the permanent employee."
Sejong hugged me in cheers and, everyone clapped and congratulated me.
" I already knew that you are going to get employed. You are too good for an intern," the manager continued, " but unfortunately, I have to let you go."
I looked at him , confused by what he said, " what do you mean?"
" oh, you have to work directly under CEO,starting from tomorrow. They said they are short of hands and you were selected as one."
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in.
Song Mingi, I will kill you.
Sejong grabbed my hands , looking at me pitifully, " it's fine. You are already good at your works so there wouldn't be any problem. And also, we are in the same building so we can still meet at lunchtime and coffee breaks. I'm always be here for you."
...................
" sweetheart, I'm home," he announced, coming into my room.
I threw a pillow at him.
" ouch! What's this for?" He picked up the pillow.
" don't act like you didn't do anything."
He tried to hold his laugh, " what did I do?"
I glared at him, " song Mingi, you," I grabbed another pillow to throw.
He raised his hands in surrender," ok, ok."
He sat on the edge of the bed, " I don't want to stay apart from you, knowing we are basically under the same roof. I have already endured it for a month and I don't think I can bear anymore."
"But, you got the job because of your skills," he continued, " I just ask Yunho to make some changes in working places."
I continue to glare at him.
" what? Now, we can be together even in working hours. Isn't it great? I promise I will continue to act like we don't know each other."
" get out," I pushed him out of my room.
" get out!" And slammed my door shut.
..................
" Hi, I'm jihyo," I was greeted as soon as I entered the new workplace. The place is on the top floor of the building with much wider space than the one before.
" I'm Hong Ari," I greeted back.
" I know, sejong told me and asked me to look after you," the girl said, " just call me unnie."
" now, you have to go to the assistant, mr. Jeong first and report your arrival. Then, I'll show you around," she said  , taking me in front of the assistant's office.
I knocked and entered to see Yunho sitting behind his desk. I breathed in and said, "I'm here to report for my first day of work."
Well, it's awkward.
He has been staring me with stiff face since I entered and didn't say anything.
I hesitated for a second, then I walked towards him and placed my file on his desk.
" welcome, ms.hong," he said, then he laughed.
" ms. Hong," he spoke between his laughs, " and I'm your superior."
he is breathing heavily due to laughing a lot , " and mingi, your boyfriend is your boss."
I narrowed my eyes, " will you please shut up?" I said in between my gritted teeth.
" okay, okay," he tried to control his laugh, "it's just so weird. I guess I'm going to have a hard time controlling myself not to laugh these days then."
...............
After jihyo showed me around, " I heard how good you are. I will be looking forward to work with you," she said.
I shrugged it off, " I'm not that good."
She gave me a smile, " also, I'm sure you may have heard a lot about our ceo. Well, he is unavoidable here since we work directly under him. But don't worry too much."
She continued, " just don't make any troubles and don't say anything if you are not asked. And even if you are asked, don't answer more than needed ,but also don't answer too shortly."
" have you?" I hesitated.
She smiled in understanding what I wanted to ask, " well, since I work here, it can't be avoided.  But he just yelled and scolded a lot , and said that you are fired. But don't worry too much. He is just acting out in anger and will not remember it the next day. Also Mr.Jeon will help us to get out of CEO's angers."
Well, I have never faced this side of mingi and I don't think I will want to face one.
..............
We were in the middle of the meeting.
Mingi was sitting at the head of the table with Yunho beside him, and as I am the newest staff, I am at the right end, farthest from him.
" I don't think it's worth investing. Even though we will get a lot of profit, still it is not 100% sure. we have to invest a lot of money and workforce for a long period of time without any guarantee " mingi commented, and everyone nodded.
" so, new employee! Ms.hong, right? What do you think?" He suddenly asked me, making everyone looked at me with worried expressions.
" well, I think we should try," I answered and saw everyone looked at me with disapproving eyes for my answer.
But I continued, " because as it mentioned, the amounts of profit we will get is really huge . And we have to invest something in order to gain something. We should take the risk to get the profits."
Everyone looked more worried and jihyo grabbed my hand, some staffs hanging their head down.
" okay," mingi said, " then let's work on that."
Then mingi assigned who should do which parts and then the meeting was ended.
Everyone sighed in relief and left the room.
Jihyo started, " you are the first."
" what?" I asked not understanding what she said.
" the first one to dare to oppose CEO's opinion. And the first one to make ceo changes his mind that easily."
" am I?"
" yes, everyone was so worried when you opposed him. We thought you are going to be yelled at or at least he is going to corner you with some impossible questions to answer. But luckily, he just accepted your idea easily. He must woke up in wrong side of bed today."
So, that's the reason everyone looked so worried and disapproving when I spoke.
Is mingi that scary?
...................
" you should go. It's an emergency. I will take care of it for you," I said to doyoung, my colleague. He got the news of his mother admitted to hospital but he was afraid to leave as he hasn't finished his part of the project.
" are you sure?" He asked hesitantly.
" yes! Go! Your mother must be waiting for you," I said.
" thank you so much, Ari. Thank you. I will never forget this," he said, leaving quickly .
Well, although I have never worked on the part he was doing, it can't be that hard, right?
..................
Mingi's POV
I slammed the file on the table.
" do you know how much loss we can have just because of one mistake?" I yelled.
I got the details of the project which is to hand over to the client. But luckily, I decided to double check and found a mistake, a huge mistake  which would cause a huge loss.
How can a person be that reckless?
" do they have any idea of what is going to happen only if I didn't have enough time to check thoroughly?" I yelled angrily.
" who did that?" I asked jihyo, second in chief, who was standing in front of me.
" send them to me, right now. I will tear them apart!"
..................