Chapter 3

"Sweetheart, can I come in?" Mingi knocked the door.
I hummed as a response and he came in followed by a girl.
"This is Mijoo, a new maid i hired for you," he introduced her to me.
" mrs.lee is always busy with household chores. So, I hired her so that it would be more convenient for you. And she can be your company when both me and Yunho are busy," he added.

' Hi Mijoo,' I greeted her as soon as mingi left the room, " don't be so stiff. Make yourself comfortable."
" yes, ms.hong," she bowed.
"Oh, don't call me that. It's weird," I laughed off, " just call me unnie, okay?"

Having mijoo beside me is really a good idea. As we spent more time together, I found out that she's a very cheerful and talkative girl, and I feel like we could be very good friends.
............
I knocked on the door of Mingi's room but there was no response.
Is he sleeping? I thought to myself and opened the door slowly. But there's no trace of him in the room.
I heard the sound of water from the bathroom. He must be taking showers.
I was about to leave but the big bookshelf in the corner of his room captured my eyes.
I was just randomly going through some books which I could reach , when one book fell down from the shelf.
it seemed to be a photo album.
I opened it and saw what seems to be like the childhood photos of me and him. I smiled looking at those photos.
In almost all of the photos, he was smiling and laughing, and the way his eyes turned into crescent moon shaped is really adorable.
As I keep turning the pages, looking the photos,
" don't touch that!" a voice yelled behind me. I got startled and dropped the book.
I turned around to see mingi walking toward me with worried expression.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sneak into your stuffs without your permission,"I mumbled under my breath.
"No, no, sweetheart," he rushed to me and stroked my hair, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you."
I looked up to face with his bare chest. That's when I noticed he only had a towel wrapped around his waist.
I turned around immediately in embarrassment.
He noticed my face turning red and smirked, "what? Don't you like the view? This is not something everyone can enjoy," he teased.
"No, I ...," I stuttered.
He laughed while putting on a shirt. "You can look now," he said.
"Is there anything you need?" He asked.
Right, I forgot why I was in this room in the first place.
"Oh right, I wanted to ask you if you are free tomorrow," I said, " I have my regular checkup appointment and I think it would be good to have you with me," I continued. "But it's okay if you are not free. I can go with mijoo. It's not a big deal."
He tucked the strand of hair behind my ear, " I have already cleared up all my schedules for tomorrow," he said, "don't worry. I will not let you go to the hospital alone. Tomorrow, all my time are yours."
...........................
Mingi's POV
It was almost four in the morning when i came back home from work. Mijoo rushed to me when I was about to go into my room.
"Mr.song," she called.She was hesitating .
I got impatient, " what's wrong?", i asked.
" I think Unnie, I meant Ms.Hong is sick," she said.
"What?" I rushed to her room followed by mijoo.
I see her lying weakly in bed, with her face so pale, " what happened?" I asked.
" She has been vomiting for about 5 times already," she answered.
I got frustrated, " Then why didn't you call me? Did you think it would be a better choice to wait until this condition?" I scolded her.
Ari grasped my hand, " I told her not to call you. Don't scold her. It's not her fault," she said.
I sighed and stroked her hair, " how are you feeling sweetheart? You know what, let's go to hospital now," I stood up.
She grabbed my wrist, " no, don't need to. I'm o-," she suddenly got up covering her mouth, and ran into the bathroom.
I followed her to see her throwing up, I held her hair with one hand and patted her back with another.
After throwing up, she just sat down at the place, leaning the wall, "let's go to the hospital," I crouched down beside her.
She shook her head slowly with eyes closing, " I'm okay."
I sighed and cupped her face," no, you're not. Please, don't be stubborn," I said .
She looked at me with her weak eyes and nodded.
I carried her in bridal style and left the bathroom, " we'll go first. Take what she will need and follow us," I ordered mijoo and rushed to the car.
..............
" she had food poisoning. Since we have already given her the IV drip and all the treatments she needed, she'll be fine very soon," the doctor said, "but it would be better if she rest here for a day."
I thanked the doctor and looked at her sleeping peacefully.
My poor girl, she must be in a lot of pain.
It is now already in the morning, I called Yunho.
" I'll take a day off," I told him.
" why?" He sounded confused. I explained him the situation.
" So, please take care of everything for me and if there is any matter that needs me, just reschedule it," I said.
"Don't worry, mingi yah," Yunho replied, " I know what to do. Don't worry and just take care of Ari," he said.
After the call with yunho, I called mrs.lee.
" Fire the cook who was in charge of what Ari ate yesterday," I hang up the phone.
..............."........