Chapter 6

While I was sipping the orange juice, looking at the people outside the cafe, I saw yeri waving and walking towards me.
" I'm sorry I was late. Did I make you wait?" She sat down in front of me.
I shrugged it off, "it's fine."
" You haven't changed much. Still looking pretty," she complimented me.
" Thank you," I continued, " to be honest, yeri, I don't really remember you."
She laughed, " it can happen. It's been so long we last met so it's possible that you don't recognize me immediately," she cupped her own face, " I can't help that I got a lot prettier."
I giggled at her cuteness. " No yeri. I meant , yeah , you really are pretty, but that's not what I meant." I sighed, " I am having amnesia."
Her eyes widened, " wait, are you serious?"
I nodded, " i have amnesia and I don't remember anything about before the accident."
Her lips were slightly apart, seemed like wanting to say something but couldn't find the word.
I continued, " that's why I want to see you. I guess we were friends, were we?"
She took a gulp of water, " sort of," she replied, " we were classmates and we had hanged out more than once. So you could say that we were friends. But not close enough to tell each other everything."
I nodded, " can you please tell me how I was and what kind of life I had and anything as much as you know"
She nodded, " of course," she continued, " you are kind of quiet and smart one," she said, " quiet and introverted but not enough to make people go unnoticed of your existence. You were top of the class and always helping everyone. Also you hanged out with a group of popular handsome guys. so,of course , everyone knew you."
"Popular handsome guys?" I raised my eyebrows.
" yeah, your friends mingi and yunho, and "she hesitated for a second before saying, " Kang yeosang, your boyfriend."
I was shocked, i had another boyfriend other than mingi. Was he my ex?
Then why did mingi hid him from me ?
He told me Yunho and he were my only friends whenever I asked him about my past.
I took out the photo from my purse and slides it toward yeri, " is kang yeosang that blonde one?"
She nodded, "yeah," she looked at me confused, " don't you remember him? not at all?"
I nodded, " i only knew that mingi and Yunho were my childhood friends and I have been dating mingi since college. Other than that, I know nothing."
She looked more confused, " You dated mingi?"
"Yeah?" This time ,I am the one who got confused, " didn't I?"
She fidgeted her fingers uneasily.
" please yeri," I pleaded, " Please tell me everything you know. I have been feeling like there's still something I needed to know which I don't. I have no one to ask except you. Please help me."
She sighed, " so, you know nothing about your accident too?" She asked.
" mingi said I was driving alone when I had the accident and was in coma for over a year.That is all I know." I answered.
" well, I didn't really know about the coma . But from what I heard," she looked at me in the eyes, " you were not alone."
I leaned back in shock, " who was I with?"
" Yeosang!"
............................
I laid down on bed , staring the ceiling above me, thinking back on what we talked about at the cafe this afternoon.
There's one more thing I have to question now.
Who really is mingi? Why did he lie?
I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't hear him coming into my room.
I was startled when he put his palms on my forehead, " you don't have fever,"He said.
I sat up.
" I knocked but you didn't answer. So I thought you were sleeping." He said, " are you not feeling well?" He asked.
I shook my head.
" is there anything bothering you? You can tell me anything." He added.
I was about to ask him but decided not to.
He lied to me , which means he will still lie to me if I ask him without any evidence.
And at this moment , I am not sure if I can trust him anymore.
So, I thought it's better to keep the matter from him at the moment.
I shook my head, "there's nothing. I am just tired," I lied,
He pulled me into his embrace and kissed on the top of my head, " Okay," he said, "but if you have anything that bothering you, you know I am always here for you, right?" he rubbed my back softly.
I nodded.
I want to trust you, Song mingi.
............................
I got the text from yeri.
Yeri: They will meet us this Wednesday, at lunch time. You okay with that?
Ari: yeah. At where?
Yeri: Their restaurant. I will pick you up at the cafe we met last time.
Ari: okay. Thank you.
I put my phone back in my pocket.
I hope I'll get to know everything.
But on the other hand, I hope everything mingi told me be true.

Flashbacks

" actually, there are two persons who could be more useful for you than I am," yeri said.
" who are they?" I asked.
" San and wooyoung," she said, " they were closer with you and the guys than I was. So I guess they will know more."
I nodded, " do you have any ways for me to meet them?" I asked.
" I'm still in touch with them, " yeri replied, " I will tell them about your situation and ask them to meet you. I believe they will agree immediately," she reassured me, "they miss you too."
Flashback ends
......................