Chapter 1

Ari's POV

" Where am I?" I thought to myself as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around to find myself connecting with various machines and drips attached, lying on what seemed to be like a hospital bed. I tried to sit up but my whole body is in pain and struggled to lift myself up.
" Oh my god , you wake up!" A tall guy rushed to me . "Thank you, Ari. Thank you," he pulled me into his embrace and stroke the back of my hair.
" Who are you?" I asked. He separated himself from me, looking confused .
" What did you say?" he asked.
" Who are you?" I repeated. " and who am I?"
He looked at me in shock .

Mingi's POV

" She lost her memories," the doctor said. " It may be due to the shocks she got during the accident. And I can't really tell how long it will last. It may be a week or two, or it can also be her whole life."
I sat down in disbelief. " So, what can we do to help her?" I asked the doctor.
" Nothing really. All we could do is to make sure she is not under any form of stress and give all the essential health cares she needs."
..............
" So, you are telling me I had an accident which led me to be in coma for 16 months and I woke up with the memory loss, not knowing anything about my whole life." She looked down at her palms and repeated what I had just told her.
I grabbed her shoulder softly in reassurance. " You don't need to worry or scare my love. I am here with you."
" I will take care of you."

Ari's POV

It's been two weeks I woke up and today is the day I am going to be discharged from the hospital.
" Although you have improved a lot ,that doesn't mean you have completely recovered. You still need to take care of your body, take medications and treatment regularly ," the doctor told me.
I looked up to the man standing beside me to see him smiling down and nodded at me.
From what he said, I am Hong Ari, a normal girl who was trying to start her own small business and he is my boyfriend, Song Mingi. We were friends since middle school and we started dating when we were in college.
" Hi Ari, are you ready to go home?" another tall guy with a bright smile entered the room. He is Yunho, who is said to be our friend, since high school and now working as Mingi's assistant.
I nodded to him . He clapped his hand " let's go!"
......................

The car stopped in front of a large mansion.
" this is our home," Mingi took my hands in his.
I slowly walked into the mansion, looking around, the place kind of feel familiar yet doesn't feel like home.
A middle aged woman walked toward us and bowed.
" This is Mrs.Lee. Our maid," Mingi said. " You can ask her whatever you need."
I bowed back at Mrs.Lee and she gave me a warm smile.
.....................
" This is your room," mingi opened the door of a room as he said.
I entered and wandered my eyes around. Again familiar yet not home.
Wait, if we are in relationship , does that mean we are going to share the room? It's not like I don't trust him. Of course I do, he's the only one beside me right now but I don't think I am ready to jump into a relationship that I don't even remember.
I turned to him, " So, we... I meant this room....I meant we .....," I stuttered which caused him to chuckle.
" No, my love. This is your room. I'll be in the room next to yours. So, don't hesitate to come to me whenever you need something, okay?"
I nodded in reply, he stroked the back of my head and gave me a kiss on top of my head.
" Take a rest. I prepared everything you need," and he left, leaving me alone in the room.
..................