10. Kookie's Plant

The first was Kookie's plant.

And everyone knew.

Everyone knew right from the start, except for Junggook himself.

That.

His plant was fake.

Even Mi-Sun was taken into the plan by Taehyung and Jimin.

It was Jimin who had come up with the idea. It was basically his way of getting back at Junggook, to whom he had been losing a past few of the brawls.

And it was basically Junggook who had himself put the idea into his head.

One fine afternoon Taehyung and Jimin had seen an impatient Junggook trailing behind Namjoon.

"But, hyung. I can take care of plants. Just teach me how to." He blinked his doe eyes at Namjoon.

Namjoon was taken in for a second, but just for a second and his mind brought to his active memory a flashback not long from a week ago.

Upon hearing noises in the kitchen one night he had ventured out to find Junggook drinking water like a horse in the kitchen.

"What's wrong with you?" Namjoon had asked, yawning.

"Hyung!" Junggook gulped down the water and picked another bottle. Mi Sun used to fill the bottles and keep them neatly lined on the counter.

"I forgot to drink water since morning." Saying this he had held the bottle to his lips and kept it away only when it was completely empty.

Namjoon had simply nodded his head and had come back to his room.

The flashback was enough to let Namjoon not to trust Junggook with plants.

"No! You still are not to be near my plants until am there to supervise you."

"But I can do it on my own." Junggook, the spoilt child stomped his foot.

"Whatdo you think of our Kookie, hyung, he can prove you wrong!" Jimin stood up from the carpet in the lounge from where Taehyung and he had been observing this exchange for a while now.

 Jimin came around and kept his arm around Junggook's shoulders.

Namjoon eyed him suspiciously.

Junggook eyed him suspiciously.

Taehyung eyed him suspiciously but his mind trying to catch up the trail his soulmate brother was onto.

"How?" Namjoon put his hands in his pockets and asked.

"Let's get Kookie a plant. He takes care of it for some time and then you will see that how the plant blooms within a few days." Jimin looked at each one of them and suggested.

"Yes! I can do it. I will show you hyung, that I can do it." Junggook looked excited and threw his fists in air, nobody knew what for.

"We'll see about that!" Namjoon eyed Jimin suspiciously again and went to his room, closing the door after him.

"You want a plant, Kookie?" Jimin asked him.

Junggkook nodded and hopped.

"He will get you a plant." Jimin pointed at Taehyung.

Taehyung looked at Jimin and stroking his chin he assured Junggook that he will get him  a plant.

By evening, Jimin and Taehyung had brought an artificial plant for Junggook who was delighted to have it.

Hoseok had looked at it.

Namjoon had looked at it.

Yoongi had looked it.

And each did not say a word.

Everyone knew that the plant was fake.

Everyone except Junggook, who from then on started taking care of it just like his baby.

Jimin and Taehyung have told him the exact time it needed to be watered,which Junggook religiously would do for many days to come.