Chapter Twenty Eight, Workout

Start from the beginning

     "O come on you two. You know that I can handle the pain." A devilish smirk went across my face.

     Now Huston comes at me with his fist aiming for my face. I dodged quickly, ducking down into a crouch position. Next I spinned my leg going for his leg. After Huston recovered from almost being knocked over. Brooklyn comes into play by going behind me. We both exchanged punches and kicks.

     Once I got Brooklyn to lose her balance making her take a moment to breathe. Huston comes in switching places with her and gives me a mean old sucker punch to the gut. That immediately made me tumble backwards to the edge of the mat. Now out of instinct my creepy smile comes on.

     These past months I haven't been getting much excitement. Number one, I have been in New York for the past month. Two I was recovering but also being beat up. Number three I was trying to finish up high school. Papa was very strict on me finishing and doing high school. Luckily he didn't require me to do college but he wanted me to have at least a basic education.

     After my creepy smile came on I started my assault. Now after a couple of punches and kicks that Huston defended. I picked up the pace landing multiple hits. One of the things that is a part of being an assassin is knowing what your limits are. If you don't know and you challenge yourself too much you die.

     Now after my barrage of attacks Huston gives Brooklyn the signal to switch. The Duo Attack, a two person team attack method that is a complex but simple way to wear down your single opponent. After wearing down your opponent you start the phase of attacking your opponent at the same time.

     Finally those two were taking forever to start attacking together. First Huston comes in with a swing with Brooklyn going for my feet. I quickly dealt with Huston then I jumped straight on to Brooklyn ankle making her whine. In the quick moment Huston notest that and came at me with his fist. Instead of just deflecting Huston fist I twist his wrist making him yelp.

     "That's enough." I ordered to make sure they don't get hurt more because they are my guards.

     We all walk over to the bench and sit down. "Man it's been a while since we have practiced with each other." Huston just spits out while massaging his twisted wrist.

     "Yeah!" I shrugged my shoulders.

     Now I hear some footsteps approach the gym door. "What are you guys doing here?" Mateo just stands in the doorway looking at all three of us on the bench.

     "Good morning to you Mateo." I announced in a polite way as I turned to the left in my seat facing my brother.

     "So Principessa (Princess)... you like working out in the morning?" Mateo trying to spruce up some type of conversation. Truthfully I hate the mornings.

     "Not really, I prefer working out in the afternoon or evenings." I corrected Mateo's statement while heading out of the gym with the twins.

     Now being behind the kitchen island and making my coffee. While Mateo just stared at me with a lot of awkwardness. "Um, since you're up do you guys want to help me make breakfast-t?" Mateo stuttered for a second out of nervousness and then he said. "I just thought that it would be a good opportunity to... get to know each other."

     "Of course Mateo!" I beamed with amazing joy after sipping my coffee.

     "Also I am not a very good cook." Mateo starts scratching the top of his head and gives me a sheepish face.

     "You don't need to be a good cook. Brooklyn is here with us so there is no reason to worry." I told him while giving Mateo's shoulder a gentle hit.