18| The Plan

18.

   ~ L o u i s ~ 

I was leaning against the door of my car with a cigarette between my fingers, relaxing a bit. I was thinking and waiting for Leonard's prompt. Yesterday, after Harry left his office, he called me.

      yesterday...

"Fuck, Louis, you keep getting better every time." the brunette girl whose name I never seemed to remember said and rested her head on my chest. 

The room fell silent. You could only hear our heavy breathing and the sound of the rain outside that was hitting the closed window with force.

"Are you going to stay?" she asked and looked up at me with her big, hazel eyes as she kept tracing patterns with her fingers on my tattooed arm. Her eyes were filled with hope. Hope that I might stay the night with her and not leave like I always did. I sighed and placed my arm around her waist, bringing her closer to me as the white blankets covered both of our naked bodies.

"I don't know... erm... love." I said. I couldn't even remember her name. I saw that she noticed that because her eyes lost their warmth and looked down, trying to free herself from my grip.

"It's Jane." she said, hurt, and stood up sitting on the bed, taking one of the blankets to cover herself. I felt something when I saw her sad figure in front of me... It was guilt.

"Look, I'm sorry, but you know that nothing can happen between us." I told her as I sat on the bed near her. 

She looked at me. Her eyes made it look like she was about to cry and her bottom lip was quivering. I felt bad and I had no idea why. I had to admit she was beautiful. Her long brown straight hair reached to just under her breasts, her hazel mesmerising eyes always looked happy, she had plump red lips that looked so kissable and the way she had the white blanket wrapped around her, holding it in place with her small hands made her look even more beautiful. Hell, she was perfect.

"I know what we said in the beginning, but I can't help myself. I like you Louis. I like you a lot and yet you can't even remember my name." she confessed. She looked me in the eyes, trying to find something, any kind of emotion, but she found nothing as I looked blankly at her.

"You better go to sleep." I told her and she nodded her head. 

"Stupid, Jane." I heard her mutter to herself and before she laid down, careful not to show any part of her body even though I had already seen every single part of it. She turned her back at me and turned off the light that came from the lamp sitting on the bed stand. I got out of the bed, leaving the blanket there, and looked around the room until I finally spotted my boxers. I picked them up, put them on and then did the same with my clothes that were laying in different parts of the small dark bedroom.

When I finished getting dressed, I looked one more time at the girl, whose heart I broke, sleeping on the bed and walked towards her. I placed the back of my hand on her arm, caressed it softly and then left a wet kiss on her exposed shoulder. I didn't know why I couldn't move on. 

Oh please, my inner voice said with sarcasm. 

Okay, maybe I know. Isabel-- she is the reason. Even though she died, I could still feel her somehow. It was like she didn't die that day. Crazy, I knew. 

I shook my head and left the house. As I made my way towards my car, I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket. I took it in my hand and found a message from Leonard.