XXVI. DANCING WITH JAZZ

Start from the beginning

"Fuck!" You hiss.

You are sure blushing, which rarely happens. You swear, since knowing their identity and reflecting on how brazen you have been, you have become a bashful mess... especially with all their advances. No matter how trivial they are. It should have been the opposite right? Your confidence should have been thickened, yet you feel shyer than ever.

'Anna would surely laugh!' You internally exasperate.

"Baby?" He sounds alert. "Are you alright?" He firmly holds your hands as he peeks through you, walks around the bench and sits beside you.

"O-of course I am." You smile awkwardly as you courageously look at his eyes. Wrong move! Now you berate yourself how to escape from his sticky amused gaze. It seems he knows what you are thinking. He must be laughing! You blame this to your horny ass.

Tilting his head at the side, he adoringly brushes the whisps of hair away from your face. "You shouldn't stay too long here outside. Your skin easily burns." He mutters.

Oh! If only he knows. It's not the sun.

"It's okay. The autumn air just feels refreshing." You are able to say so calmly. Too calmly that it sounds emotionless.

Nodding, he hums again as he leans back to the bench, looks up the sky and then sighs. And just like a magnet, you gaze up on him. He looks contented with his signature boxy smile. He squints against the sun rays while the wind gingerly jumbles his dark locks.

He is really an enigma. You are not quite sure what to do with him beside you. It's hard to tell what he is thinking. You only know that he has totally lured your whole being with his presence.

"This is nice." He mumbles as he sides eyes you, caching you ogling.

You swiftly look ahead to a no particular point. Trying hard not to show your panic, you simply nod.

"You like Jazz?" He continues. He is facing you while his jaw is leaning on his left hand and the left elbow is resting on the backrest of the bench.

"Yes." You whisper your response. 'Ah. He was only referring to the music.' You think.

"We are the same! I love it really. It's just soothing..." He then starts telling his love on the genre and how he came to learn brass instrument and then violin because of it.

You nod, half listening to him, half wishing that you can tell him how you came to love the music too. If only he knows that he had somehow introduced you to such genre. You can clearly remember that day. It was when you first heard his song – 4 O'clock. The tender timbre of his voice amazed you. The lyrics were sincerely poetic, swelling your need for a sweet companion. You wished you could have a friend. You wondered if someone like him could be real and it led you to researching everything about him. He was basically your gateway towards knowing BTS. He opened you to the importance of mental health... and to pursue what you wanted in life. Yet you stopped. And what mainly remains is the lyric-less music of Jazz. Though occasionally you listen to some of their mellow songs but you didn't bother to follow them along anymore. It's crazy how they are here now as your soulmates.

Funny.

The sigh that drifts out your lips seemingly catches Taehyung off-guard. He pauses as his gaze rakes on you. His arm is at your back whilst his fingers are busily twirling your hair.

"Am I a bother?" The question snaps your head at him. Your eyes wide in realization how rude of you for sighing whilst he was telling you stories.

"No. Of course, not!"

"Am I too chatty? Perhaps, too forward?" The jolly tone of his voice lowers to a sultry concern.

Crunching your nose, you giggle. "Should you ask that now? Daddy?" You tease.