I gapped at her. "You just pushed me in a freezing lake. I am allowed to say whatever I want."

            "Daddy's heeeeere!" Alex announced, getting out of his car, making everyone around kind of gag.

            Fred was there, but there was a surprising addition to their car. Daphnee was getting out too.

            I was pretty sure she hadn't been supposed to join us on this little excursion.

            "Daph!" Lexi happily explained, and sprinted over to her friend to hug her.

            I let them have their little chat, still trying to come up with a satisfying revenge plan.

            I went to see Fred. "Glad you're here," I told him with a smile.

            Fred looked at me, tilting his head. "Are you okay?"

            "Someone pushed me in the Creek," I said, with a loud emphasis on the someone so Lexi would hear it clearly.

            She just grinned at me a little too smugly for my taste.

            I went to help out with getting the grill our of Alex's car and let him set up his tent.

            When everyone was done, we all grinned at each other.

Time to play football.

We split into our two teams, offense against defense. If we were counting just the guys from the team, we were equally split. Six players on each side. And then everyone else agreed to play too, so Daphnee, Janna and Ashley went with the defense and Catherine, Lexi and Travis went with the offense.

            "Any plans?" Mark asked, while we were huddled together.

            I looked over at Lexi grinning. My girlfriend looked worried. Good.

            We went over our tactic, and everyone was on board.

            We got into position, Lexi with the ball playing center and, Alex standing behind her playing quarterback who started to call, "Dwayne's mother is—"

            Dwayne snapped before Alex could finish his sentence, grabbing his shoe and threw it right at him. Alex barely dodged it. "SHUT UP! NO! No jokes about my mom! Get my mom's name out of your mouth!" he yelled pointing right at him.

            Everyone burst into laughter.

            "But your mom is soooo hot hot hot," Alex replied, crouching a little behind Lexi.

            Dwayne yelled again, throwing his second shoe. "NO! No, no, no! Leave my sweet mother out of this!"

            The thing was, Lexi took that opportunity to snap the ball right in Alex's hands, catching the defense completely by surprise. 

            I should have helped with getting the ball to the line, but I had one goal and one goal only. I headed straight for my girlfriend and tackled her to the ground and kept her pinned like that with the weight of my body.

            "Blaaaaaake! What the fraaaaack? Get off! We're on the SAME TEAM!" Lexi yelled, struggling under me, trying to free herself.

            "You back stabbed me, this is the price," I replied.

            "Let me plaaaaaay!" she whined, while I just let all of my weight crush her on the ground.

            "You think I'm going to let you have fun after what you did?" I replied, while some of the guys yelled their amusement at our predicament.

            "Blaaaaaake, come on."

            "Nope. You're staying down Pumpkin."

            "TOUCHDOWN!" someone yelled from our team.

I got up in one quick movement, leaving my angry girlfriend on the ground and ran back to the rest of our team.

            After three times of repeating this little routine, the opposite teams stopped taking notice to us, assuming I was still on my revenge streak.

            Grave mistake.

            Because on the next play, Lexi snapped the ball to Alex, and everyone just kind of ignored me and Lexi, which was exactly the play.

            Alex passed me the ball because I was completely open.

            "GUYS! THEY TRICKED US!" one of the twins yelled, but it was too late, I was already sprinting too far away from them.

            Oh sweet victory.

            And soon enough, sweet revenge.

_________________
Happy Monday my little Pumpkins! <3

And belated happy New Year! I hope 2023 is only filled with good things for you. I hope it'll be filled with lots and lots of uploading for me!

Speaking of which, sorry for the late upload. I fell asleep again. I'm pretty sure I caught a stomach flu from either my niece or nephew during Christmas time. It's fun that they're old enough now that we can play hide and seek, but not as fun when they share their microbes.

Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a good beginning of this new year, and see you all next week! LOVE YOU GUYS! :D