Episode 2: Is Love Blind?

"MY money pays for his car note! MY money pays for him to even have a home!" Louise states fuming with anger. Sitting in the small coffee shop with one of her best friends, she continues to vent.

"Then he has the audacity to tell me it's MY job to cook AND clean!"

Mya sits quietly, listening to her friend's rant, wishing she would shut up. She hated when Louise would invite her out, just to drone on about her own issues.

"I got issues too," Mya thinks to herself.

"I told you to leave his ass years ago Louise. He's a bum, and you have been carrying his bummy ass for the past year," Mya finally interjects.

She is disgusted at the fact that her best friend has stayed in a relationship with a man making money from side-jobs, and still tries to act like he's running shit.

"Half of his money he tricks off at the strip club every weekend. When are you going to get tired of his shit? You're only 26. You have time to find a new man."

Louise lets out a loud exaggerated sigh and shakes her head.

"You just don't understand. Me and Rondell have been married for 8 years. It hasn't always been like this. I don't want to be one of those women that just runs at the first sight of trouble."

"First sight!" Mya screeches. "This shit ain't nothing new. You need to quit lying to yourself."

"He doesn't go to the strip club EVERY weekend," Louise states defending her husband, "we spend time together on the weekends as well," she adds.

"Oh, you mean spending time together as in him scrolling through other females' social media and commenting on their posts?" Mya says in a sarcastic tone.

It enrages her how delusional her friend acts when it comes to her husband. She believes it's because they got married so young. They got married at 18 and Rondell was her first. She has always felt that Rondell didn't deserve Louise's loyalty and has always taken advantage of her.

"There's things you just don't understand," she says continuing to defend Rondell.

She felt a sense of obligation to cut Rondell a little slack, ever since she had an affair. A secret she has kept for years, that even Rondell doesn't know about. It was a 2-year affair that she ended 3 years ago. Although she never got caught, not a day goes by that she doesn't fear someone finding out.

"On a lighter note, I met a guy," Mya said excitedly, snapping Louise out of her thoughts. Louise's eyes widen a bit.

"You met a what??" she asked surprisingly.

"Don't sound so surprised! And I think he might be down for an open relationship!"

This is just what Maya had been hoping for. Louise sat mouth agape, trying to decide if she should take her friend seriously. No man has ever been able to "tame" Maya, so God help this poor man she was able to trap this time.

"At least I know I'm not capable of being faithful in a monogamous relationship. Some of these bitches out here be lyin their asses off about not cheating."

"What the hell Maya! What poor bastard have you convinced to go along with your dumb ass open relationship plan," Louise asks finally finding her words.

Flipping her hair over her shoulders in a "I'm the shit manner", Mya calmy replies.

"Girrrrrrrl. He's tall and chocolatey, with that Morris Chestnut smile."

Mya dramatically throws her head back and closes her eyes.

Louise looks at her friend and rolls her eyes. "So where did y'all meet?"

"On Facebook. That's the best place to meet someone right now."

"Have you actually met him yet? How do you know he's legit? Is he local..."

Mya gives her friend the "hold up" hand gesture, bringing her interrogation to a halt.

"Calm down. I'm still vetting him. This is very new," she says trying to put her friends mind at ease.

"Ok fine. Just please be careful. There are some crazies out there, especially on social media."

"Yes, I know. I will keep you posted and let you know what else I find out," Mya reassures her friend.

She whips out her phone and pulls up her Facebook to show Louise a picture.

"Wow I see what you mean!"

She admires the profile pic of Mya's newest love interest, still a little skeptical. His profile name reads 'Chocolate Thunder'. Louise giggles after reading this.

"So, what's his real name?"

"His name is Ben. We Faced-Time so I know he is a real person."

"I do like those washboard abs and that angel tattoo on his chest though," Louis says giggling.

"Exactly!"

"That's good. I'm happy for you. So, what about this open relationship thing? How do you know he's down?"

Maya looks up to the ceiling, giving this some thought.

"Well, when I asked him in a hypothetical sense, he seemed accepting to the idea of discussing it."

"Discussing it?"

"He said he's not in any serious relationship and has just been casually talking to people."

Louise notices the hesitation in her friend's tone.

"Why did you say it like that? You don't sound very convinced."

"I dunno. Having an open relationship with no issues seems nearly impossible," Mya sadly admits.

"Well, that's because it IS nearly impossible! But if you know you will cheat if you try to be monogamous, then what other option do you have?"

In a sad and frustrated tone Mya replies, "Be single I guess."

"Alright girlie! Well just let me know how that goes. Let's get outta here," Louise says.

"Yeah, I can't be late for the morning meeting today. People will start thinking you're playing favorites because you never write me up for being late."

"Good. Alisha texted me about a new girl starting today. Her name is Tina and you guys will be working together, so be nice!"

Maya laughs at her friend's motherly tone.

"Well this chick better be nice too!"