Chapter 38 : Kawaki meets the gang

Few weeks later

"Do you get deja vu?" Naruto chuckled as he spread a red cover on the dining table. "What are you talking about?" Sasuke cocked a brow as Menma pulled Naruko's hair. Naruko began to cry as Menma pouted innocently. 

"Menma!" Sasuke folded his arms. "DADA!" Menma giggled. Sasuke sighed and placed Naruko in her cradle. Naruko, who was wailing loudly was now in a deep slumber. "Who are we going to see today?!" Kawaki exclaimed. 

"We are going to meet my and Sasuke's friends. Sasuke, just so you know, Juugo is bringing Mikoto along." Naruto looked at his husband. 'Wait, what? No! They might expose the fact that Kawaki is my son!' Sasuke thought to himself. 

The doorbell rang. "Ah, speak of the devil, they're here." Naruto ran and opened the door. They found Juugo, Suigetsu, Karin and Mikoto waiting outside with presents in their hands. "I wanna see the new baby!" Mikoto jumped. 

"Well, come in all of you. Naruko is sleeping in her cradle so do be quiet." Naruto let them in. Mikoto ran to the cradle and peeked inside. "Uwa, she's cute!" Mikoto grinned. Sasuke smiled to himself as Karin nudged him arm. 

"What's the kid's name?" Karin whispered. "Naruko." Sasuke answered as he put Menma to sleep as well. "So...Mikoto and Naruko would look cute together, neh?" Karin grinned as Mikoto poked Naruko's cheek. 

Sasuke cringed at the statement. "My daughter was born a few weeks ago and you're already finding her a boyfriend?" Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows. "What?! They look cute! Also, as Naruko's godmother, I definitely can do that, can't I?" Karin folded her arms. 

"Go off, I guess." Sasuke sighed. Kawaki, who happened to be in the kitchen, walked out with a glass of water. "Here. You looked tired." he handed the glass of water to Sasuke. He tilted his head to the left as Karin's eyes widened and Sasuke bit his lip nervously. 

"Isn't that...?" Karin faced Sasuke. "I finally found him, Karin. More like Naruto found him." Sasuke gulped. Suigetsu and Juugo looked at Kawaki as well. "Ayo, what's Kawaki doing here?!" Suigetsu gasped. 

"You guys know him? Weird, we took him in only a few weeks ago." Naruto scratched his head. "Sasuke, how the hell did you manage to find him?" Suigetsu whispered in Sasuke's ear as they all thought of an excuse. 

"I think I know you guys..." Kawaki put a finger on his chin to indicate that he was thinking. Sasuke's face went pale. If Naruto knew about this, he would leave him because of the lack of 'trust' in their relationship. A drop of sweat dripped from his chin as Kawaki finally got it. 

"They used to take care of me when I was a baby!" Kawaki pointed at Karin and Sasuke. Naruto looked visibly confused. "That's impossible. Sasuke, you were in your avenger arc back then." Naruto shoved his hands into his pockets. 

"Don't call it that. Also, we...uh..." Sasuke looked at his friends for help. "We used to babysit that kid." Juugo finally replied. Suigetsu, Karin and Sasuke looked at him as if he was some idol or god. Juugo can be reliable after all. 

"That's right! We found him in the forest so we took him in. Jigen claimed that he was the father of the child so we gave Kawaki back to him." Karin made up an excuse. "We didn't give it to him, he STOLE Kawaki from us." Sasuke gritted his teeth in anger. Karin held back the urge to facepalm herself as she knew that Sasuke had forgotten that they were lying to Naruto. 

"Wait, you guys know Jigen?" Naruto raised a brow. Karin bit her tongue as she knew she messed up. "He wanted Kawaki for his experiments. Sasuke tried to save him but he failed to do so." Juugo retorted. Sasuke held the sleeve of the other hand and crunched it. He didn't want to remember the time Jigen had stolen his baby. 

Karin noticed this and placed a hand behind his back subtly. "Sasuke...It was really nice of you to take care of a kid who you didn't have any relation with. I'm so proud of you." Naruto walked up to Sasuke and hugged him. 

Sasuke hissed silently at the 'didn't have any relation with' part. He scrunched his eyes as he hugged Naruto back. Now Naruto thinks that Kawaki was a child that Team Taka used to babysit out of pity. It sounded reasonable but why? Why did it feel so wrong? Sasuke couldn't explain this feeling. 

Kawaki was now convinced by what Karin had said. The fact that Sasuke was his biological father and was stolen away as a child was erased from his memory. "T-Thank you for taking care of me always, Sasuke." Kawaki smiled at Sasuke. 

Sasuke gulped as he nodded. His heart ached with misery and guilt. He couldn't even save his child and here he is, thanking him for 'taking care' of him. Sasuke flicked his hair back and sighed. 

"Are you alright?" Naruto asked. "Yea, I just...remember who Kawaki is now completely." Sasuke lied. "If you say so." Naruto shrugged as the other guests walked in. Sasuke put on a fake smile as he greeted them all. 

"Poor Sasuke. The pain he to go through now..." Karin sighed. "Why? He has his kid back." Suigetsu asked. "You don't understand. Sasuke and Naruto are his biological parents but Kawaki has been wooed by the fact that Naruto and Sasuke have adopted him out of sympathy. He wouldn't get it now but as he grows up, he will be exposed to the fact that he was hypothetically abandoned as a child. Kawaki is going to have issues with himself and Sasuke won't always be there to deal with it." Juugo explained. 

Karin patted Juugo's back as she appreciated how Juugo understood Sasuke. It wasn't anything new, really. Juugo had always been able to read people like a book. They watched how Sasuke introduced Kawaki as his adopted son to everyone at the party.

"Aww, you're so cute!" Ino pinched his cheeks. Kawaki walked back and rubbed his cheeks. Sasuke chuckled as Ino was sad that Kawaki didn't like her and Sai hugged her. "Just so you guys know...we are getting married soon. And it's going to be special." Ino bit her lip in excitement. 

"It's going to be special because InoShikaCho are going to get married on the same day!" Choji ate the chips on the counter. Everyone let out ooh's and ahh's with joy. "Wait, who is Choji going to marry?" Sakura asked. 

"Karui, the girl from the cloud village who used to be Killer Bee's subordinate. I have been dating her for almost 2 years now." Choji blushed. Naruto had a flashback where Karui had punched the shit out of him around few years ago, forcing him to reveal Sasuke's plans. "Ahaha, she's nice." Naruto pulled his collar with his finger as he began to feel hot. 

The baby shower went well. Mikoto played with Sakumo and Naruko. The boys adored Naruko and growled whenever someone else wanted to hold her. Everyone laughed at the boys' overprotectiveness towards the baby. Menma was playing Memory. Or should I say wasn't allowing Memory to sleep. 

Sakura and Hinata had to leave immediately as Hinata had labor pain. The gang was worried as they waited for a phone call. Thankfully, it was just a false alarm. Hinata and Sakura stayed at the hospital while the others had fun. 

"I have a plan. When I throw the bouquet, we have to make sure that the bouquet ends up in Gaara's hand." Ino proposed. "That's smart, Ino." Temari fistbumped the blonde. They looked over at Lee who was tried to calm down the boys who were growling at him for touching Naruko. 

It was night time so everyone went back home. Sakumo and Mikoto refused to let go off Naruko and Naruko cried when they left. Kawaki was able to put her back to sleep. "He is wonderful, isn't he? We made an amazing choice adopting him." Naruto kissed Sasuke's cheek. 

Sasuke went pale again. "Naruto, I have something to tell you." Sasuke blurted. "What is it?" Naruto looked at him seriously. Sasuke clenched his fist and looked down. He couldn't bring himself to tell Naruto that Kawaki was their child. THEIR BIOLOGICAL CHILD. Sasuke took a deeo breath and clicked his tongue. 

"I will be going on a mission next week. You have to take care of the kids when I'm gone."

AUTHOR'S NOTE - How are you guys doing? Which team do you think is the best? InoShikaCho, Team 7 or Team Taka/Hebi. Let me know in the comments. See you guys in the next chapter. 

Sayonara~