Chapter 32 : The Seventh Hokage

3 months later

"Naruto, wake up!" Sasuke yelled from the kitchen. Naruto was still sleeping on the couch in the living room. Menma was on the kitchen counter, playing with a spoon. The spoon slipped from his hands and fell to the ground. Menma pouted and tried to reach it but he couldn't. He slipped from the counter and just when he was about to fall on the floor, Naruto rushed from the couch and caught the baby in his arms. 

"Oh my gosh, Menma!" Sasuke exclaimed as Naruto stood up. "Mind explaining why you placed a baby on the kitchen counter?" Naruto frowned. Sasuke glared at him and pulled his ear, "Don't give me that attitude when you're late for your swearing in ceremony." 

"I'm sorry!" Naruto apologized as he looked at the time. "EH?! IT'S 8:35 ALREADY?!" Naruto gasped. Sasuke nodded as he looked at Naruto in confusion. "My swearing in ceremony is at 9am. I'm so late-" Naruto facepalmed himself.

"WHAT?! YOU TOLD ME THAT IT WAS AT 9:30!" Sasuke shouted at the blonde. "I'm sorry! Shit, gotta get ready." Naruto ran to the bathroom. "This idiot..." Sasuke sighed to himself as he checked Menma for any bruises. 

Naruto was moving faster than light now. He brushed his teeth, took a bath, wore his clothes and rushed to the cupboard to find his headband. "Sasuke! Where's my headband?" Naruto pushed the items in the cupboard in the process of searching for his headband. 

"It's in the cupboard." Sasuke said from the kitchen. "But it's not there!" Naruto panicked. "What if I find it?" Sasuke questioned. "I-I will...do the dishes for a month!" Naruto declared. "The dishwasher already does that." Sasuke chuckled. 

"I will do the laundry!" Naruto huffed. "We have a washing machine and a dryer~" Sasuke said in a sing song voice. "I will cook then." Naruto finally stated. "I would rather eat dogshit." Sasuke snickered from the kitchen. 

"Fine. What do you want me to do?" Naruto rolled his eyes. "You're changing Menma's diapers until he turns 1." Sasuke laughed. Naruto wanted to retort but wait, his son's birthday was only a month away. He can manage. 

"Sure. Now help me find it." Naruto tapped his feet on the ground rapidly in haste. "I'm here." Sasuke walked into the room and moved Naruto away from the cupboard. He stuck his hand in and moved it here and there. Sasuke smiled as he whipped out Naruto's headband from the back.

"Thanks!" Naruto smiled as he wore his headband. "Your hair...it grew longer." Sasuke brushed Naruto's bangs away from his face and styled it to the right. "I never really had the time to cut it. I think it looks good on me." Naruto adjusted his headband. 

"It does..." Sasuke murmured. "You fancy me with long hair?" Naruto smirked as he pulled Sasuke towards him. "YOU'RE. LATE." Sasuke bonked Naruto on the head, making him yelp and let go off Sasuke. 

"You're coming, right?" Naruto asked as he wore a golden chain. "Of course. Besides, how can there be a swearing in ceremony if the Hokage isn't there?" Sasuke raised a brow. Naruto looked at him in doubt. 

"Breakfast is on the table. Eat it and go straight to the Hokage's office." Sasuke folded his arms. "Of course. Wish me luck!" Naruto kissed Sasuke's cheek and stumbled on his way to the kitchen. "Clumsy Dobe." Sasuke shook his head and chuckled lightly. 

Naruto sat down on the table. Perfect, Omalette and orange juice for breakfast. He gulped it down, looking at the time every minute. Naruto jumped out of his seat when the clock struck 8:55am. Naruto kissed Menma's cheek who was sitting on his baby chair. 

"I'm leaving!" Naruto bid farewell as he slammed the door behind him. "We need to get ready as well, Menma." Sasuke drawled as he fed the baby. "Dada!" Menma burped as food spilt from his mouth. "Yes, daddy!" Sasuke grinned as he fed the baby another spoon.