Chapter 20 : Love you so

"What?" Naruto stuttered. Before the man could repeat his statement, Naruto rushed out of the room. It felt suffocating in there. And it felt much worse now that his unborn baby was dead. His mind was in a fix. 

"Sir, the pati-" the nurse called out as Naruto left the hospital. He needed fresh air. He knew that he should be there with Sasuke at such a critical time but he couldn't stand being in that room, not when he knew what had happened in there. 

He walked with his head down as he strolled across the fields. He hadn't even noticed but he was now standing on the edge of the cliff. Under the cliff was a huge valley with smog floating on the deep ground. 

"My baby...that fucking scientist!" Naruto choked as he folded his arms in anger. Deep down, he was sad, really sad. The scientist had killed an unborn baby who would have brought joy and unlimited happiness to the Uzumaki couple. 

"Fuck it." Naruto scoffed as he kicked a rock. Suddenly, he ended up tripping on the rock and he fell off the cliff. His reflexes were failing him and chakra wouldn't it form on his foot to stick to the cliff. He closed his eyes as someone caught his arm. 

"NARUTO, WHAT THE HELL?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" asked a familiar voice. "Sasuke?!" Naruto cocked a brow as Sasuke pulled him onto the surface. Sasuke was breathing heavily so Naruto assumed that he had been running. 

"What the hell are you doing here? I was so worried about you." Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows in concern as he cupped Naruto's face and searched for any injuries. Naruto smiled at Sasuke's worried face but it turned into a sad one as he looked away. 

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked. "Didn't the nurse tell you?" Naruto choked. "Tell me what?" Sasuke questioned. "The baby...it's dead." Naruto's eyes softened. Sasuke's eyes widened as he let go of Naruto's face. 

"That's weird. The nurse told me that the baby was fine and he was lucky that he didn't die and he managed to survive under such conditions." Sasuke shrugged his shoulders. "He?" Naruto cocked a brow. 

"Oh, the nurse told us that we would be having a boy." Sasuke blushed as he looked down. "No way..." Naruto said, dazed. "Are you not happy?" Sasuke looked up. Naruto chuckled as he carried Sasuke in his arms. 

"Thank you, Dattebayo. We are going to be parents to an adorable baby boy!" Naruto grinned. "It's not like this is the first time." Sasuke blurted. He was talking about Kawaki, of course. "What?" Naruto cocked a brow. 

"What?" Sasuke coughed. "I bet you're so happy that you can't even form sentences right!" Naruto exclaimed. Sasuke laughed slightly as a feeling of guilt overcame him. When was he going to tell Naruto about Kawaki?

"We need to celebrate!" Naruto suggested. "I mean we haven't held our baby shower yet, if you want one that is." Sasuke looked away. "Of course I want a baby shower!" Naruto pouted. "If you insist." Sasuke chuckled. 

"We can have the shower at our house, we can invite our close friends, we can play some games, it's gonna be fun!" Naruto grinned. "We need to buy return gifts as well, you know?" Sasuke smiled. 

"Ramen vouchers it is." Naruto said proudly. "When are we going to have it?" Sasuke asked. "Does 3 weeks from now sound good?" Naruto cocked a brow. "Yea...I will be on a mission for 2 weeks so I guess we can do it." 

"Awesome!" Naruto held his thumbs up. "My mission was interrupted thanks to that maniac of a scientist so I gotta leave. I will be back in 2 weeks so take care, neh?" Sasuke asked as he caressed Naruto's cheek with his arm. 

"Do you have to?" Naruto pouted sadly as he placed his palm on Sasuke's hand. "Come on, Naruto. You know very well that I have vowed to help people around the world." Sasuke scratched his neck. 

Naruto pulled him in closer. "You ain't no saint but you definitely got me praying for you." Naruto smirked as he pulled Sasuke in for a kiss. "Oh, you smooth motherfucker." Sasuke licked his lips as he kissed Naruto. 

...

"I-I will be off then." Sasuke stammered as he adjusted his cloak. "Yea, bye babe. Take care." Naruto licked his lips as he tightened the headband on his forehead. They had had a full makeout session before Sasuke was going to leave. 

"Well, time to tell the others about it." Naruto said to himself as he bid Sasuke good bye. He watched Sasuke walk away until he wasn't in his sight anymore and he walked back to Konoha, ready to tell the others about the baby shower. 

"A baby shower? We will be there!" Sakura raised her thumb. "Don't miss our wedding, Naruto." Hinata smiled. "Of course, I wouldn't." Naruto rolled his eyes. "I can't believe it. First Naruto and Sasuke and now Hinata and Sakura? I always thought that I would be the first one to get married." Ino flicked her hair back. 

"We can change that." Sai muttered under his breath. "Ayo?" Shikamaru looked at Sai. He was sitting next to him so he happened to hear what he said. "Do you want some natto with that?" Sai asked Shikamaru.

"No thanks..." Shikamaru looked away in suspicion. Choji didn't give a damn about what was happening. He was just happy that he was getting a free meal thanks to Naruto. "Shikamaru, invite your fiance as well." Naruto requested as he slurped on his ramen. 

"For the last time, Temari isn't my fiance." Shikamaru blushed. "Sure, that's why you're blushing like an idiot right now." Tenten rolled her eyes. "Well, look at Lee right now." Ino tried to save her bestfriend. 

"Why are you dragging me into this?!" Lee huffed. "Isn't it obvious? When Temari comes, her little brother would of course come along." Sakura jokingly nudged Lee who mumbled something incoherently. 

"Chill, Lee. We are just messing with you. It's funny how you suddenly become so red when we talk about Gaara or you and Gaara together. Aren't you guys in a relationship?" Naruto asked. "T-the thing is...I can't believe that I'm with Gaara. He's someone so cool and I want to be there for him all the time, physically and mentally. I think I just get flustered because I'm not used to this whole relationship thing yet." Gaara flushed red as he rubbed his neck with his arm. 

"We have all been there, Lee. It's all about the thought that matters, neh?" Tenten grinned as she smacked Lee's back. "Choji, are you even listening?!" Ino folded her arms. "Yes, Teriyaki chicken is indeed amazing." Choji grinned as he licked his fingers. Ino threatened him saying that she would choke him while Choji looked at her like a man kept at gunpoint. Naruto chuckled as he thought about Sasuke. 

'You're missing a lot, babe. Take care.'

AUTHOR'S NOTE - If you're wondering about Shikamaru's and Temari's current relationship status, well, they are dating but Shikamaru has planned to propose to her probably when he's ready. The next chapter is going to contain Sakura's and Hinata's wedding so buckle up! See you in the next chapter.

Sayonara~