2 • 123 • 135

Start from the beginning

"Charlotte."

She looked at her brother who called for her name. With a gentle smile, he said, "Be careful. You've been practicing for a month. You could do this."

Her mind was thinking how sweet her brother was for saying those words.

"Of course. I'll be back soon. That's a promise," Charlotte promised.

"If you are going to promise something, then you better fulfill it. Don't just spout nonsense there and act all cool."

Altaira's voice pissed her off. Her vein popped in anger as she glared at her brother and spoke, "Who is spouting nonsense?! You are the one who's spouting nonsense! I'm being serious right now!"

Altaira scoffed, "Right. Serious. Should I be proud that my sister is a 'serious' person now?"

For a moment she felt like wanting to sew her brother's mouth.

"Don't listen to him. He's actually worried about you, but he's too prideful to admit that," Celeste said as she walked towards her.

"Me? Worried for that brat? Humph," Altaira snorted and crossed his arms.

"Quiet."

"Yes."

At Celeste's firm order, he crossed his arms and silenced his mouth.

'At the end, our boss is actually Celeste, not Altaira,' Estrella, Estelle and Raisin thought. 'The power of love is really amazing.'

"It's fine anyway," said Charlotte with a smile. She had expected such a behavior coming from her brother. It was kind of hard for them to act sincere openly because they knew that doing such a behavior might result in them getting teased by another. But sincerity was not only measured from words and actions, it was measured based on one's heart and willingness. "It would be strange if he suddenly acted so sweet like a loving brother."

Bam glanced at Altaira. Altaira noticed that glance and looked at Bam, wondering what he had to say when the brown- haired man sighed regretfully and shook his head.

For once, it was Altaira who got offended by Bam.

'What does that mean, huh? Is that a challenge?'

Celeste just tilted her head and smiled when she heard those words. And Charlotte just raised her shoulders with a smile saying that she couldn't help it.

Her elevator was the first to open. And for them, it was not actually a good thing. The elevator was taking one of their most cherished friends away and they did not have enough power to stop that from happening.

"Then I'll be going now," Charlotte said with a confident smile while pointing to the elevator. The others said nothing and Charlotte simply smiled before she left.

"Charlotte!"

She could hear Estrella's voice.

When Charlotte turned around, Estrella leapt towards her with her arms opened. It would have been a lie if Charlotte didn't feel surprised by her sudden actions. Her golden eyes widened in surprise and her jaw dropped as Estrella jumped towards her.

"You have to return safely."

Charlotte was lost in words, and so as the others.

Charlotte knew Estrella was definitely not the brightest person in the group. She was not the smartest or the kindest, but she was definitely one of the bravest people in the group. From all the people there, she was the only person capable of pulling such an act and express what the others wanted to say.