2 • 123 • 135

Start from the beginning

"If the fight is over and I survive, let's take a nice break, okay? Let's find a good place to play together!"

'That's... only if you survive.'

Still, he chose to play with her as they walked out together to see the others.

"Where do you want to go?"

She pondered for awhile before she answered, "Anywhere is fine! As long as it's fun!"

It was an answer that Charlotte would definitely say. She was a girl who pursue freedom and happiness. She had always been looking for fun things in her life and a home where she would be loved.

He made a soft and small smile.

"Fine. I'll look for the places that you will like after this," he promised.

'Whoa, is he being serious?'

"Consider it as a bonus, in addition to our promise," he added.

If he was being generous, then she wouldn't refuse it. She smiled and thanked him, "Okay!"

His smile grew wider. 

'It feels nice,'  the two of them thought. 'Spending our time like this.'

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

When they arrived, they saw a large building in front of them.

A large building with golden color, it was rather tall and stylish. As expected from Zahard, considering his pride, someone like him would definitely prepare a large arena and stage for his fight. It was just amazing that in one month, he could make something as gigantic like this, and as tall as it could be, even when Charlotte raised her head to the point where she couldn't raise it further, she still couldn't see the top of the tower.

"You sure made it damn big," said Khun Edahn. He was sure that Zahard was inside, sensing their presences and felt happy that they didn't run away.

"Well, come in," the yellow ball welcomed them.

Khun Edahn looked at his left. He looked like he was waiting for something to show up when there was nothing around but them.

'...they...still haven't shown up.... Guess they just failed.'

He had sent the three of his children to retrieve a mirror that could help Bam to win against Zahard, a mirror that could erase his existence. But he had no expectations that they could do it, since Zahard wouldn't allow a dangerous mirror like that ruin his plan and fight with Bam. The three of them haven't appeared until now which made him sure that Zahard had disposed them.

Now, Bam had to depend on himself to survive.

When they entered the tower, Charlotte's jaw dropped at how wide the room was.

Everything was made so detailed and so large. She felt that if she shouted in such a huge room, there might be some echo. But she refrained herself to do that as it appeared to be childish, though she wanted to do it once.

Three elevators were provided.

"Those three elevators... each will take you to a different place," the yellow ball explained. "Lord Edahn and the challenger will take the left elevator which leads to the top floor where Lord Zahard is, while the middle elevator will take the brown- haired miss over there to meet the puppet. The rest of you will take the elevator on the right side."

'So, at the end, I'm alone, huh?' Charlotte thought as she walked towards the elevator. It was only when she stood before the elevator that she realized how tall it was. She took a deep breath and exhaled. 'I feel a little bit nervous since I'm all alone... but it'll be over soon.'