chap: 144

ONE HUNDRED - FORTY FOUR: THE BRIDE'S CURSE

TRINITY

One month later...

The aisle is long and narrow. Eyes peeking from the rows symmetrically aligned on the side. Everybody had strong, visible smiles on their faces. Excitement and happiness seen clearly embedded in their eyes. It was easy to feel calm when you weren't the one starting a new life. In just a minute trinity would join her groom at the altar. They would say their vows, kiss and seal the lifelong deal between the both of them before starting a new journey together.

"Don't be nervous." Her father whispered to her, her arm locked within his. Trinity put on a smile through her veil. But she knew she was nervous deep down.

"I'm not." She said tight lipped, looking around to avoid making eye contact with anybody. Even Hoseok.

They were a few feet away from the altar. In just a few more seconds, trinity would stand tall in front of everyone. The thought alone made her body feel up with anxiety. To the point she stopped walking, heels digging into the ground as she took a sharp breath. Looking around at everybody looking at her, trinity began to feel nauseous.

"Trin?" Her father slowly turned to face her. Trinity's heart beat in her chest. Frantically searching around the room for a reaction from others. She could only see them begin to melt away in their seats. The only pair of eyes staring directly at her being Hoseok. An unreadable emotion in his eyes.

Trinity gulped, dropping the bouquet of flowers on the ground as she backed away, legs wobbling as she did so. She almost fell to the ground.

"Baby." Hoseok called out to her, slowly stepping down from the altar.

Trinity couldn't form a verbal response even if she tried to. Holding on to her dress as she tried to run towards him. The closer she got, the more he seemed to grow farther and farther away.

"Trinity." Hoseok said sternly, extending his hand. It was as if a lump had formed in her throat, blocking all of her words.

"Trinity!" He yelled.

"What?! What is it?!" Trinity yelled, sitting up in bed and startling herself awake. Chest heaving as she looked around the bedroom.

Seeing that this was nothing like the scene in her dream, trinity took a deep breath. Placing her hand on her now aching head as she pulled the covers from other her body.

The room was dark. The curtains had been closed by trinity knew it was morning. Early at that, due to the twins still sleeping peacefully in their bedroom. It was early spring and trinity planned on getting the girls enrolled into a day care once they turned four. So after awhile their usual sleeping habits would have to be broken.

Standing up from the bed, trinity slid her feet into her house slippers before walking towards the door. She stepped out and made her way downstairs. The lights were on in the kitchen and she could hear typing as she enter red the kitchen.

Hoseok sat at the island, laptop opened before him. Trinity didn't care to look at his screen as she made her way towards the coffee and instantly poured her some into a mug.