Part 2, Chapter 12 - Twilight

Rose woke up while it was still dark outside. She peeked at the clock to see it was only two am. She fudged over the the kitchen and reached for a glass. As she filled it up with water she looked up through the window. A flash of blonde hair running greeted her.

Rose set her glass down and hustled to the back door, walking outside and quietly closing the door behind her. She took only a few steps away from the house.

"Rosalie? It's just me, dad's asleep."

The tugging in Rose's chest went from a light tug to a harsh pull so quickly it made her stomach churn. Something was wrong. It became even more noticeable when she realized there was no chirping of insects. The typical rustling of the forest was an eerie silent. Rose quickly formed an invisible shield wrapped tightly to her own body. She had just finished it when she felt a strong force slam into her back, shoving her forward where a hand grabbed her throat. It gripped the shield around her throat but she knew she had to pretend she was at the vulnerability of whoever had grabbed her. 

A cold marbled cheek brushed against hers, like an animal would scent mark its prey. 

"And just what new piece do we have here?" His voice was low and smooth. If Rose wasn't so terrified she would say it was a tempting voice. 

"Quite the catch here. I am to assume you are the twin sister? A Rosebella Swan if I am correct." 

Rose could feel his hand let up a bit on pressure, so she quickly coughed to act as if she was being choked. She didn't have to fake the trembling in her body, she was frightened. Even though she had practiced with the Cullens on self defense she didn't ever face their true predator side. Rose knew this had to be the tracker chasing after her twin. She shuddered as she realized she would have to be the one to take him down. 

"It's Rose."

The male clicked his tongue. He shifted so he gripped her throat from the front, backing her up until her back was pressing uncomfortably into the house. 

"Sweet smelling Rose. You smell different to most humans," he took a deep inhale. "That's strange. You don't smell of blood like most. You smell like-" he cut off and his eyes widened. He tightened his grip a hair and Rose fake winced at him. Her hands were on his hand weakly attempting to pull him off. 

With her back pressing to the house she pushed her shield to wrap around the house. Her main goal was to protect her dad and it was when her shield pushed through that she felt a tug in her chest, warning of another presence. Her eyes widened as she felt it, there was another vampire in her living room. 

"You can drop the act witch. I have met your kind before." Rose's fake wince disappeared as she let go of his wrist. She shoved his chest with two hands, causing him to stumble backwards. He chuckled, a dark eerie sound that promised nothing good. 

"You have made this so much more interesting. You seem stronger than the ones I've met. Care to explain?" He tilted his head, the picture of calm and collected. 

Rose glared at him, her rage filling her body. "Get your bitch out of my house and maybe I'll feel more chatty." The male snarled at her. 

"Victoria will remain right where she is. Your sister brought this on herself." He prowled the space in front of her, halting when he found he couldn't move and closer to her. 

"My twin is none of your concern. She is protected by a coven larger than your own. You have brought any consequences all onto yourself."

The male lifted his hands in a surrendering gesture. "Then let us make an exchange. A truth for a truth. You help me I help you."