Part 1, Chapter 2 - Before

Rose spent the next week adjusting to a proper schedule with her dad. In the mornings they woke up at the same time and got themselves ready for the day. Rose would be a bit quicker than him and would make her way down to the kitchen to make sure he had his lunch ready to go and would make the two of them breakfast. After they both eat, Rose and him would drive to La push where Rose would be dropped off to spend the day with the Black family. She was now in a rhythm since she finally had finished all her unpacking and was swiftly on her way back to being fully integrated with her new life.

Spending a majority of every day with Jacob and the twins was what Rose would call heaven. While Rebecca and Rachel were older than Rose by two years, they were often with her and Jacob as they ran around anywhere their legs could carry them. It was a sunny Thursday, which was uncommon, so Rose decided they should go to the beach. Rebecca and Rachel decided to sit out, they were going out with their friends Leah and Sam to the movies in Seattle.

With the twins gone, Jacob and Rose set out to gather all their friends for a beach day. The two ran to get to the nearest house to them, the house of a young Quil Ateara. Rose eagerly knocked on the door where an older Quil answered the door.

"Ah Miss Swan! I had heard you were back in town." Quil Ateara senior was an energetic spirit despite his old age. He had always been kind even though his general disposition had the appearance of being standoffish. Rose smiled up at him and bounced on her toes.

"I am! I'm going to be living with my dad from now on. Actually, Jacob and I were wondering if Quil could come out to the beach with us today. Can he?" Jacob was smiling behind her at Quil senior in an attempt to make the older man more agreeable to their request. Quil senior grunted out his response.

"Quil is already at the beach with Embry. They left just ten minutes ago. I'm sure you'll find them easily enough." Quil said. He gestured towards the path in the woods that Quil and Embry had taken. Rose beamed up yet again at the man and slipped out a quick thank you as she grabbed Jacob's hand and they set off to the next house on their list. They were slightly puffing out short breaths as they came upon the Cameron's house. It was a simple looking house with a clean yard. The most disorderly looking aspect about it was the bird houses that Rose and Jared had spent a whole week building with Paul Lahote. Jacob and Rose raced towards the front door where Rose was yet again quicker than Jacob as she knocked on the door.

This time it was the very person they were looking for who answered the door. Jared Cameron was tall for a fifteen year old. He reached a height at around five ten. Rose had to look up at him which was yet another new addition to her growing list of things that changed.

His hair was long like Jacob's which reached his shoulders. Rose always liked his long hair, and it was definitely longer than she remembered it. Jared and Paul always had the softest hair Rose had ever beheld, Jacob tended to let his get ratty with tangles before his sisters would complain at his appearance.

Jared and Paul were two of her favorite aspects of living in Forks. Now living here it meant she could now actually have fun and let loose and cause as much mischief as she could. Jared's new appearance was tall, lanky and looked quite awkward staring downwards at Rose.

His face swiftly changed from being disgruntled to smiling brightly as he immediately scooped her up and squeezed the life out of her. He laughed as her swung her side to side in his arms.

"How are you!? I knew you were back in town but I didn't know you were coming by today? What are you guys getting up to?" Jared, similar to Jacob when he first reunited with Rose, spoke so quickly she barely had time to respond to each of his questions. Jared looked towards Jacob almost in question which confused Rose but she didn't think much of it.