13 || S U I T U P

"Come back to bed."

A metal arm wrapped around Jades waist as she moved to get out of the bed. She groaned as she tried to free herself but was instead pulled back into the arms of her boyfriend.

"Stay." He told her, his voice deep and raspy. Bucky's eyes were still closed as he buried his face into the crook of her neck.

"Bucky, I need to pee." Jade chuckled as she tried to wriggle free.

"Hold it."

"I've been holding it for the past two hours, now let me go before I pee on the bed." Bucky sighed as he released her from his arms. He opened his eyes and watched as she slid out of the bed. Wearing nothing but her underwear and his red henley as she walked to the bathroom.

When they got together Jade stole his shirt so she could wear it to bed. Not that he cared about losing his favourite shirt, he loved seeing her in his clothes.

Bucky heard the toilet flush followed by the tap running before Jade shuffled back towards the bed.

"Better?" He asked her.

"Much."

"Good, now come here." Bucky leaned over and grabbed her, pulling her back into the bed.

"What's made you so clingy this morning?" She asked as she positioned herself so her head was resting on his chest.

"Nothing." Bucky kissed the top of her head. "I just want to hold you."

"I like it when you do." She whispered as she drew circles on his bare chest with her finger. "I could stay like this forever."

"Me too." Bucky traced his finger up and down her arm. "Let's do that. Let's just stay here and never move."

"Sounds perfect."

"After everything is over. After we get Novikov. We should go on vacation, somewhere quiet and peaceful."

"That sounds nice. I like that idea."

"Are you any closer? To finding him?" Bucky asked her.

"I think so. Tony has FRIDAY working on it."

"Good. FRIDAY will find him." Bucky closed his eyes again and the two of them lay in silence for a few minutes until Jade spoke again.

"I don't want you there." Her voice practically a whisper as she looked up at him. Bucky opened his eyes, his brow furrowed. "When we find him. I want you to stay here, where it's safe."

"Baby, are you forgetting who am I? Who I was?" Bucky sat up slightly, leaning his back against the head board. Jade moved to straddle his lap.

"I know, I just can't risk him getting you." She whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I can't go through what happened to my sister again. I just can't."

"That's not going to happen. I promise." Bucky stroked the side of her face, pushing her hair back behind her ear.

"You can't promise me that. You don't know what he's like." Jade twirled the short strands of his hair with her finger. "It's why I have to do this by myself. Without you. Without the team. Just me. Alone."