08 || A D R E N A L I N E

"God that was exciting!"

Jade and Bucky had run hand in hand the whole way back to car as the facility went up in flames behind them.

"Are you crazy?!" Bucky exclaimed. Jade laughed as she backed up against the car.

"Crazy is my middle name, Buck." She panted as she caught her breath. Bucky couldn't help but chuckle as he shook his head at her. "Besides, what kind of mission would it be without a little arson?"

Arson really gets the adrenaline pumping. You should try it sometime... actually on second thoughts, yeah, don't do that.

Bucky didn't reply. Instead he moved towards her, cupping her face before kissing her. Jade kissed him back, one hand holding the back of his neck. She jumped, wrapping her legs around his waist. Bucky used his metal arm to hold her up as the two of them continued to explore each other's mouth.

Bucky pulled his lips back and caught his breath.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?"

"Oh yeah?" Jade smirked at him as she bit her lip. "Why didn't you?"

"Guess I needed there to be a little arson first." He breathed before he kissed her again. Jade gripped at the short hairs on the back of his neck while he held the side of her head.

"Speaking of arson." Jade said between kisses. "We should go before the cops show up."

"Shit, you're right." Bucky kissed her again before her legs fell from his waist. "I'm driving." He kissed her one last time, his fingers meeting hers as she passed him the keys.

-

"Sir, I have news." Matthew gulped as he stood in front of his bosses desk.

"What is it?"

"The facility, sir. It's, uh, it's, well-"

"Spit it out, Woods."

"Someone blew it up. Sir." Matthew tried to hide his fear as the rage began to grow on Viktor's face. "It's gone."

"How is this possible?!" Viktor yelled as he swiped everything off his desk.

"It's Jade, sir. She's the one who's been taking down our operations." Beads of sweat began to roll down Matthews face.

"Jade? Wilson?" Viktor gritted his teeth as Matthew nodded. "How is that possible when I ordered you to kill her?"

"I did kill her, sir. At least I thought I did. I shot her in the heart, she must have survived somehow."

"You idiot!" Viktor grabbed a glass from his side table and threw it against the wall. "You better find her and kill her properly this time."

"Yes sir."

-

By the time they arrived back at the compound the adrenaline had worn off.

"I don't know about you but I need a shower." Jade said as she wiped blood and sweat off her forehead.

Is this blood from bad guy number 3 or number 4? Or is it from number 5? Or number 6? Wow I killed a lot of people tonight.

"Yeah." Bucky mumbled. Now that they were back, he was starting to wonder if Jade had just kissed him in the heat of the moment or if it meant something.

"What's the matter?" Jade sighed as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Nothing." He said, smiling down at her as he wrapped his arms around her.