Missing

I handed Daehyun back the box. "There's no way I can accept this" I looked at him, and he looked at me. "Why?"

"It's way too expensive. There's no way I can possibly accept this." I looked at my hands. He glared at me and opened the package.

"Where is it then?" he asked. I looked inside the box

"Look, Dambi." He raised my head to look at him, "I really like you." he rubbed my cheek. "Please, take this in return for my love." he smiled.

I pushed his hand off me and shook my head "Daehyun," I mumbled, "I only like you as a friend."

He threw the box on the ground. "THEN HOW COME YOU ACCEPT THE GIFTS I GIVE YOU?! YOU ONLY LIKE ME BECAUSE OF THE GIFTS?!" he screamed.

I placed my hand on my chest as my heart began to race, and my breathing became unsteady. "I. I try my hard-hard-hardest to make-make you happy!" I screamed, my breath holding me back

"I ACCEPT BECAUSE I'M YOUR FRIEND!" I screamed before the world went black.

I opened my eyes on a bed, an oxygen tank laid beside me, my hand held. An oxygen mask on my face

"Love, you're awake" Hyunjin moved my hair behind my ear "are you alright?" he rubbed my cheek. I smiled, my face becoming red.

The doorknob began to move. Hyunjin put his mask on and a hat sliding his hood over his head and hat.

"Excuse me," a woman spoke up. "DAMBI! You're awake! Good, good," she smiled

"What happened to me?" I asked her. She looked at her clipboard

"Your students rumored that your friend screamed at you, causing you to have a panic attack and pass out."

Hyunjin laid his head on my side as the nurse spoke.
Still rubbing my hand for support. My eyes began to tear up.

In the past my father was abusive and screamed like crazy. It was horrifying. Now, screaming... it reminds me of him.
The horrible things he did to mom and me, the constant screams from him.

Everything.

I wish to forget, but it continues.

Every.
Single.
Time.
Someone.
Screams.
At.
Me.

If it's not violent, I'm all good. But other than that.

This happens.

I looked at Hyunjin as he played with my hands while looking at me

"Well, you can go home in a few. Don't worry," she smiled. "I'll be back. In the meantime, get ready to leave," she shrieked and walked out.

I looked at Hyunjin and removed my oxygen mask.

He helped me off the bed and got my clothes.

"How long have you been here?" I asked him. He looked at the time. "You've been here all week, so.. all week," he looked at me.

"What." I looked at him. He chuckled. "I'm just kidding. You've been here for five hours. I've been here for four hours" he lightly squished my cheek and then handed me my clothes.

I got dressed quickly and then took Hyunjin's hand.
He slid my hand and his into his sweater pocket and smiled.

He looked at me. "I drew you" he let go of my hand. The door opened

"Alright, Dambi, you're free to go! Have a good rest of your day!" the nurse smiled.
I took Hyunjin's hand after he grabbed his bag.

"My manager is here to pick us up" he looked at me. "I'll show you later."
~~
I sat down awkwardly next to Hyunjin. Boys surround us

"Hyunjin, is this your girlfriendddd?" Felix teased, poking him in the arm
"She's so pretty," another boy spoke up

"Is she going with us on schedule?" a boy spoke to the manager

"We're going to keep an eye on her. She's going to be a temporary staff for the night," the driver said.

I looked at Hyunjin. He smiled at me.