Loyal

I ran up to Hyunjin. "Sorry, i'm a bit late," I mumbled, and he raised my head "it's okay. I understand," he smiled, wiping his thumb on my lip "My lip tint?"

"Mhm!"

He took my hand. "I found this perfect Tteokbokki place. I know you like Tteokbokki and Jjajangmyeon."

He smiled, and my face immediately turned into a smile.

"I l-" I stopped myself.

"Count this as a date, love," he spoke. I nodded internally, screaming as he tightened his grip on my hand.

#1- Be Pretty.

I sat down across from Hyunjin and flattened my skirt.

"What kind of Tteokbokki would you like?" he asked. I looked up. "I don't mind," I chuckled awkwardly.
He nodded. "And to drink?" he looked at me

Damn. he is so gorgeous.

I avoided eye contact. "I would like a peach tea," I smiled, looking at him. He nodded and looked away. "I'll go order" he smiled and walked away

holy hell.

I grabbed my phone and looked at my reflection. I fixed my lip tint and placed my phone away

#2. don't be weird, be petite but not TOO petite.

I cleared my throat as he returned with stuff we could snack on as we waited.

"Here you go" he handed me a small rice bowl filled with crackers.
I bowed a tiny bow and took the bowl. I placed it down and took a small bite of one.

"What do you do after school?" he asked me. I looked up at him and swallowed my food.
"I mostly just work or relax," I smiled. "What do you do when you don't have work?" I asked him

"Well..." he mumbled, "I love to paint, I write a lot of songs, and I relax like you," he smiled, raising his hand.

"Dambi," he placed his hand on my face. "You're cute" he wiped my mouth and chuckled.

When the food arrived, they began eating immediately.
The awkwardness began to break, and the two began getting along well like in the past.
What was awkward this time? The official date.

After eating, they walked to the park hand in hand, hidden by masks, sunglasses, and floppy hats.
They sat down at a picnic table with dessert and ate as the sunset. They shared their desserts and joked until time struck twelve.

"I should get going," I muttered, looking at my empty banana milk; Hyunjin grabbed the trash. "I'll walk you home. Few people are out nowadays," he smiled, taking my hand with his free one slyly.

I smiled, looking away as he threw the trash in the bin.

We walked toward my house, and as time got closer, doubt grew more and more.

"Hyunjin." I mumbled, "I really don't want to end this. I've had a great time today," I spoke as he approached my house.

He pulled off Dambi's mask and his covering both sides of their face as he leaned in, leaving dambi's lips with a slight peck.

"Message me before you go to school tomorrow," he whispered, placing my mask back on my face.
I smiled as he placed his mask on and opened the door

"I'll talk to you tomorrow" he smiled and waved as I walked into the house.
I turned around and waved back before entering the house more.

My heart pounded with joy at every second.

I couldn't help but screech at the memory.

My celebrity crush has kissed me, held my hand, and spent the whole day with me today.

I walked into my room and looked at my notebook on my bed.

Holy shit.

I had totally forgotten about these plans that chaewon had made for me.

The date went well, but how do I know his feelings? I've fucked everything up in the matter of a blink.

FML.