Chapter 29:

......

"Merrie? Merrie?" A soft voice called.

"..." Her vision was blurry and her head was as heavy as a rock. She was reluctant to fully open her eyes.

"Maybe she should rest in her chamber. Her face is pale..." The voice said with a worried tone.

Merrie vision started to clear, she was watched attentively by Alia. Both of her brow's lowered helplessly, while her red coloured lips were bitten her white teeth.

Merrie quickly fixed her posture and widen her eyes, "...I'm fine." Seeing her mother is unconvinced, she add, "I always looked like this. It's really nothing to worry about mother." She try to give her a smile, but it came out weak because of her tiredness.

"..." She could clearly see that she was faking it. But she find herself unable to do anything. Feeling helpless, she also fake a smile," I see.."

"So what was it again? I think we were talking about the Rosalind. I heard from Ms Wendell about the Rosalind House history, it got me curious about the Rosalind ancestors! Could you tell me again about them? I heard they are really involved on magic side of the country." Her voice came out sounded robotic and planned, like she practice the line multiple times.

Alia had that thought too, but immediately brushes that idea and just thought her way of talking is unusual. "As I was saying, the family had long separate ourselves from magic since 5 generation ago. Dealing with magic is dangerous and the knowledge of the Family findings is hidden away."

"Dangerous? I thought the Sundra Kingdom is know for tempering with magic and sacred magical artifact." Merrie titled her head.

Alia frown,"The magic is different from us. The magic of this kingdom is more rich than ours and more dangerous. This land magic is but a curse, everytime truth was explored- horrible fate come across us. " Alia frown as her eyes became darker, implementing deeper meaning to her words.

But when she turn to see her, her gaze soften as she smile. "But that's all I know dear."

"...ok" Merrie didn't push it. Her mother know more than she led her to believe, but it's obvious she wanted to keep it hidden.

"I'm so glad you actually agreed to spend time alone with me today!" Alia said joyfully like a little girl.

Merrie raise her head. "Huh?" She only come to her with the thought of getting more information for her next move. But she remember her mother say something about 'fun' and joining her.

But she didn't actually hear what she was saying. Her mind are so focus on her plan that block everything thing that's irrelevant.

They arrive at one of the mansion field. Merrie had never noticed there was a wide field beneath the garden tree.

At a long distance from them was a shooting target, the red was at the center.

"I used to be a champion at our country shooting competition" Alia wore a bright smile, her voice was barely keep her excitement.

She didn't pause in her sentence as she give a performance of shooting the arrow straight to the red center.

"How about you try?" She suggested.

"Uumm..." Merrie hesitant to extend her hand to take the small arrow in her hand. She did take it.

As expected, some that never exercise could never possible hold an arrow with her mother stability. Her body was trembling to even hold the arrow string stretched.

Behind her ear she could hear her mother cheers and encouragement. Merrie released the arrow, it didn't even reach the target.

"....." Merrie frown. "I give up." She exclaimed.