Chapter 15: Zedia Wallquinn

A lady with a pair of black crimson eyes and a red sunset hair, wear a warm smile as she hold a baby within her embrace, she glance at the girl that has been long staring at the baby. "Aren't she's adorable?"

The girl notice she's staring too hard, she flushed. "Uh-umm.." she slowly nod.

A boy beside the girl that has almost identical with the girl face, smile a playful smile and lean to her shoulder; "Well of course, not as cute as me~"

The girl almost immediately respond with a cold voice, "No, never." Though she said that, she wear a gentle smile.

"Hehehe, come on! It's a compliment, we have the same face!" The boy place his head on top of the girl's shoulder as he fake a being upset.

The girl seem wanted to glare at the boy, but her gaze was too soft to be called a glare.

The lady hold her mouth afraid that it would burst into a laugh, though a chuckle escape her lips and the two turn their head to the lady. The lady immediately turn her expression to be a bit more serious; "Well, I agreed that both of you are cute." As she said that, the girl's face blush and while the boy smile winden hearing that he's proven right.

Seeing that, the lady chuckle. But they were disturbed by the rough voice. "We're here."

"Okay!" By that, all three of them and with the baby carried by the lady, they go down the carriage.

Just as the lady was about to step a head, she turn around and hand the little girl the baby that's cover with white cloth. "Take care of her, Lisya."

Surprised, the boy said almost shouted; " You're going to abandon us?" He quickly hold the lady's arm.

The lady can't help but smile, " Haha! Oh, Liam. Never in a million years I would abandon both of you." She continue, "Promise me, that both of you would protect, Merrie." Her gaze was serious as she look on to both of their eye's. Her gaze end with Lisya. "Can you?"

Determination burn in her eyes as she strongly nod. "Yes!"

.

.

.

" I can no longer avoid that life." Said the lady.

Opposite to the lady, was Lisya with her heads face the ground. "So you really are the Duchess, Miss Dia..."

It was silence before the lady response with; "Zedia... It's actually Zedia Wallquinn." She smile.

Lisya bite her lips before she said, " You lied to us all this time!"

Zedia only bitterly smile, " I'm sorry, but I don't have too much time. I need you to promise me," she crouch as she look to Lisya's eyes.

"Please, keep her safe."

Her words only greeted by silence, when eventually the girl force her throat to let out a respond; "Okay."

Zedia give a bright smile and hug her in happiness.

.

.

.

.

The day before her execution day, Lisya sneak in to the dungeon without anybody notice. Appear infront of Zedia's cell, she said; "I'm here to let you out."

Only then did the woman inside notice her presence, she was in a haggard situation. None of her former dignified and beautiful features was left to be seen. After getting up from the ground, she slowly walk to the grown up Lisya, " I can't." She flat out said.