Chapter 18: Out of Control

Chapter 18:

Out of Control
<><><>

"Well that was embarrassing.." Liam said as he break the embrace and brush the tip of his eyes.

"Don't be, everyone deserves a time out once in a while."

"I think you the one who deserve that. Today is rough day for you, knowing that you missed a few years of your life is not an easy thing to take on." His eyes were full of concern, "Now that I thought of it, it's a lot more embarrassing that I'm the one who has a mental breakdown."

Merrie gives an awkward smile; Well, not if you already skip death three to four times...
"I don't think the part where I missed a few years of my life is bothersome."

Liam was surprised, "Oh.. Really? What does?"

Merrie eyelash lowered, "That...things change.." she continue, "Nothing else matter but the people I care, and they changed..."

"That happens..."

"Yeah, but not in a blink of an eye! You know...that day is like yesterday to me."

Liam was silent for a while before he smile, "How about I teach you about everything that happened in that few years!"

Merrie beam, "Really?!"

Like asking for a praised, Liam proudly said. "Of course, because I'm the Tower Lord, I know everything!"

"Woah!!" And Liam get the reaction he wanted, "Since when? How? Why didn't tell me- ah wait I was asleep. Nevermind! Tell me!!" Merrie eye's sparkled in curiosity.

Liam chuckle, "Of course you didn't change!"

She roll her eye."Yes I know, now tell me!"

Liam shrugged, "Long story, tomorrow I'll show you."

"Oh I can't wait."

"Now, give me the best question you have?"

Merrie fold her arm and think for few second, "Ummmm, what happened right after I lost consciousness?"

Liam smug face instantly disappeared, "... That's a good question..." He continue, "Right after that....Lisya kinda...uh try to committed suicide."

Merrie both eyes and mouth open wide in shock, "What?!"

Liam let Merrie calmed down a bit before continue, "....but then the former Duchess soul suddenly appear and knock Lisya's sword with magic."

Merrie was bewildered that she didn't even asked about the former Duchess, "B-but- Why?!"

"Knowing Lisya it because her promise with you." His words bare no emotion as his sight locked on the floor.

"I made no such promise with her!" Her voice almost scream.

""Always stay beside me"" Liam made a tone as if rehearsing a line. "I hear it's something like that."

"But I meant it as in my lifetime!"

"She's sometimes senseless almost stupid, but she's not dump enough to mistook the meaning behind your promise. That decision made because of her selfishness." The last sentence was said with a cold tone.

"Liam!" Merrie was even more surprised at his words.

Liam face immediately turn to normal, "It's a guess." He smile.

Yeah, they're definitely fighting..

Merrie tried to spill more information about the two current relationship but Liam would switch the topic and put in an interesting topic. Merrie unconsciously take the bait and was in awe of the interesting topic Liam brought in.