Chapter 20: Where To Now??

Athena POV

I opened my eyes slowly and notice seagulls around us. I moved quickly and they all flew away. I looked over to find Xavier and he was sleeping next to me, with a gash in his arm..

I tore part of my dress and wrapped his wound. He is such a amazing gentleman. I'm happy my daughter has him. I miss her terribly and I want to see her, my little girl.

I looked around and notice we are on a beach, but where? There was no people around, it was deserted. I stood up and saw a army of men who looked like they were drugged and...strong. I could smell the blood of immortals.

I shook Xavier and his eyes opened slowly. I began coughing up water and blood. I touched his shoulder and I could feel his wolf dying slowly. He is in pain.

"Hey, we have to go." He sat up and he looked straight as if he was hearing something or someone. "What? What is it?"
"Kita. She is...she is...pregnant." He was panting for a second then paused.
"We need to leave. Now!"

He ran into the forest and I notice the smell of wolves and Lycan. The cabin. I recognize the smell of my home anywhere.

We arrived and...the cabin. Its burnt down. There's nothing left. Xavier came from behind me like he was out of breath. We both paused for a second and speechless. Everything was gone.

"What do you think happened here?" I asked Xavier. He didn't say anything. He walked slowly inside the cabin and without a word dropped to his knees.

I walked over to him and fell to my knees too. I saw he was crying deep, hurt tears and despair.
"She's gone." He whispered with shuddering tears falling down his cheek. "She's gone. Kita, she's gone" He began bursting into tears and he was feeling empty.

I held him in my arms and looked down in his hair. I rubbed him to comfort him but I knew that wouldn't work. I looked down in the grass and I saw a metal heart, like a charm on a necklace.

I picked it up and it burnt my skin. I grabbed it with my dress and I recognized the charm, I had a similar one once. I remember I gave to Kita when she was born. She is...alive?

I could smell her from here. She was here just a day ago. She and...Oh, no! William is with her. That's not good.

"I know where she is."
"Where? Where can she be?"
"She is in the city. But she is with someone."
"Who?"
"William. Her former mate and..." I didn't want to say this part. But sooner or later, they were going to know.
"And what?" I exhaled and couldn't catch my breath and felt like I was skipping a heart beat.
"William is also her....her....her half brother."