Chapter 45

(Luna's POV)

Robin's grip loosened my arms, and I sat up. He pulled me off the ground.

"I... can't believe you're doing this..." his voice sounded hurt.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and embraced him tightly.

"It'll be alright," I said half heartedly. "I-I promise."

I got to my tiptoes and gave Robin a peck on the lips.

"Protect your friends," I ordered. "Now."

Almost in shock, he stumbled backwards. I felt everyone's heartbeat pick up. I slowly and hesitantly moved towards the danger. The last stand. My legs where trembling. I didn't want to die. No one does.
I took a huge breath in, and charged in. The machine inside was small and cramped, not much for room. Slade expected that no one would be able to get this far.
I thought hard about what to do. It's been forever since I've seen this thing. Slade was also stupid enough to let me help him assemble this with him. I traced my hands over the keys, trying to pick out an obvious button that could serve my memories.

Suddenly, a female voice rang through the building.

"First tremor will start in T minus 3 minutes."

I scrambled around now. Checking doors, cabinets, and buttons for anything.

I can't do this...

But, something touched my hand. Wires. Wires were poking out of the system.

"First tremor will start in T minus 1 minute."

This will have to do.

I opened the small area that had all sorts of wires poking out. I had a handful of wires to choose from. They all needed to do something. I pulled the first one out.

"T-T Minus 30 seconds."

Nope no that one.

I started ripping out my the random. I ripped them and threw them back, discarding the mess. There was one left.

This better be it.

With my hands shaking, I pulled the last one.

Buzzers when off, while sparks burnt a little of skin. I did it. I actually am going to make it out. When I started to move, the funny thing was... I couldn't. My feet were planted in place. For sure this thing was going to explode with me in it.
~*~*~
(Robin's POV)
I watched in horror as the machine sparked more, making some loose wires combust into flames.

Please no...

It shook the ground violently, as Raven yelled to us.

"It's Luna's Powers! It's making it unstable! It's going to explode any moment."

We all pulled back behind something just in time. The death trap exploded, as hot debris flew past me. I looked at the machine. It was engulf in flames.

She didn't make it.