Chapter 22: Lost

(Luna's POV)
I lead the Titans down the caverns. When I walk, I feel an eerie sense that someone's following. But... I don't sense another heartbeat. I shrug off the feeling, and keep moving. I come to a halt when I sense three caves. I turn around to notify the Titans.
"Guys, there are three caves, which one is the safest?"
Raven says,
"You could ask Beast boy to test out the cave."
I nod my head.
"Mm'kay. Eeny Meany miney mo." He points to a cave and heads in. Moments later, he runs out screaming,
"Not mo! Not mo!"
Later, bats fly over my head, almost giving me a heart attack. It scared me so much, that I almost fell to the ground. But, once again, strong hands griped my weight upright so I didn't fall all the way. The hands pulled me up. I know those hands, Robin. I felt my cheeks go warm. Ugh, why do I feel this way?
"T-Thanks..." I mumbled.
"No problem... hey, Luna, are you okay? You feel warm." Said Robin.
I felt my face get even warmer this time. I grasped my cheeks and turned away.
"I-I'm fine! Why w-would you think t-think that I have a f-fever."
I feel flustered for some reason. I hurry ahead to the decided cave and headed further ahead than the rest. I heard them call me back, but I don't want too. I hurry along the side of the cave, but an explosion sent me back.
"Agh!" I grunted.
I landed hard on my side, knock the wind out of me. I cough and hack, trying to get the air back in me. Crashing waves of pain went through my wings and head.
"Luna!" Called Robin.
"I'm o...over here!" I wheezed.
Robin's hands grabbed my shoulders, almost picking me up, but was shot back too.
"Robin!" Starfire shouted.
The sounds of starbolts shot past me, just grazing my body. I felt the heat of the bolts, freaking me out.
"Watch where you shoot those!" I shout with annoyance.
"I am sorry friend!"
I groan and get up. With the blasts, my clothes were torn in places. I hurry to Robin, who is unconscious. That blast hit his head hard. A bump started to form on his head. The fighting stopped, and I turned around.
"What was that?" I asked.
"I don't know, but whatever it is, it's dead now." Raven concluded.
She was right, it was dead for sure. An awful rotting smell filled the room. I gag a little at the smell, but remember Robin who is injured. I hurried to his side. He slightly groans and moves a little. I sit him up as he rubs his head.
"Luna?"
"You got hit pretty hard, Robin. It looks like you got a goose egg on your forehead!" Chuckles Beast boy.
I wave my hands up, and a rock slab sends Beast boy into the air.
"I couldn't have done that better myself." Scoffed Raven.
But Beast boy was right, the bump was large. As he sits up, I ask,
"Are you okay? You hit your head pretty hard..."
"Yeah... I'll be fine." He said, rubbing his head in pain.
I stand up and dust myself off. I turn to Robin and hold out my hands for him to grab. He gladly takes them, and I pull him up. Someone poked my wing and I turned around. Beast boy.
"So, uh, I never got to ask, but... do your wings even work? Or are you going to drag them around the rest of your life?!"
I sigh,
"I don't know!" I snap.
I slump down next to the cave wall and sigh.
"I'm sorry... I'm under a lot of stress right now." I apologize.
"It's fine. We're all under a lot of stress." Said Beast boy.
I smiled and got up, dusting the dirt off my clothes.
"Should we keep going?" Asked Robin.
I nodded. Once again, leading the way.