➪Chapter Ten: 3 a.m

"Xavier!" Wednesday called out as she lifted her head up from the paper she was working on.

Enid groaned as she turned over in her bed. "What are you on about now?"

"I think I got it figured out! It has to be Xavier. He's so worried about me and he wants to know everything, besides he was right there after the monster and when the body so called disappeared. What if he's a shapeshifter? What if he's been the monster the whole time?"

Enid groaned as she rolled over to look at the time. She then turned back around and buried her face into her pillow. "It's 3 a.m! Go to sleep."

"You don't tell me what to do." Wednesday pouted before reaching for her detective board. She then started to clip the pieces and tried to find out what everything led to. "I have to see Dr. Valerie first thing in the morning, according to Principal Weems and I can't sleep. So no. I will not go to sleep."

Enid sat up tiredly as she groaned. "You're going to be tired. You need to get up from that chair and go to sleep."

"I can't sleep."

"Sleep with me then. I'll get you to sleep in no time." Enid sounded drained. It was to the point that she didn't care how her words sounded. It wasn't like Wednesday caught on to it, anyways.

Wednesday shook her head as she turned to the werewolf. "I'm not you. I don't need someone to lay next to me in order to get to sleep." She assured as she crossed her arms. "I actually can't sleep because there is a lot on my mind."

"Like I said, I can help you." Enid reaches her hands out with her eyes still shut. She was definitely still half way sleep.

Wednesday gave a blank stare before turning back over to her work. "The answer is no. I need to get this work done so I can finally sleep without a care in the world. I hate caring."

Enid groaned as she threw her head back onto the pillow. She took out her phone and played some tiktok as she placed it on the far right of herself.

Wednesday ignored it after a while, but then the same annoying ear bleeding sound kept replaying in her ear. She wanted to stab someone. "Turn it off."

No response.

"There's no way that you are sleeping through this. Enid I'm not playing, turn it off." Wednesday took out a photo and pinned it to the board.

The tiktok kept playing. Wednesday placed the board onto the side of her bed before walking over to Enid and looking for her phone.

Once Wednesday found it, she groaned. Enid opened her eyes as she felt Wednesday's presence and she pulled her down and flipped them over to the point where she was straddling her? Maybe?

"Gotcha." Enid smiled, "It's night time, Wednesday needs to go night night." Enid said with no energy for excitement.

Wednesday cringed as her eyes widened but immediately fell into a glare. "I need to do my work! It's important to me."

"I understand and whatever is important to you is important to me, but we need to get some sleep, if you're stressing and yelling at 3 a.m I can't get sleep."

Wednesday used her elbows to hold her up, "fine. But I don't want to be near you. I'm feeling the emotion of rage right now and you're the cause of it."

Enid smiled with her eyes still tiredly shut, "Sure you don't. It's okay, if you feel comfortable sleeping away from me. I won't get in between that." Enid assured as she began to climb off but Wednesday pulled her back. "What's up? I'm all ears for the moment, until I suddenly just fall back to sleep." Enid assured as she desperately tried to open her eyes but she was tired. She couldn't.