➪Chapter Five: Obscure

"Alright Thing, you need to help me or dear god I'm in trouble."

Thing hoped onto the table of the library, he motioned: "something tells me that this is really important to you and I'm not talking about a friendship."

Enid immediately turned red before getting up and walking over to the book shelf. "I have no idea what you are talking about." She calmly said before looking over her shoulder and at Thing.

He motioned: "yeah whatever. Have you found anything."

Enid nodded before placing a book onto the counter. "This is a symbol of that paper Wednesday showed us. If we can find out where the paper was originally ripped out then we can figure out why the hell she was written in a book that's decades old."

He motioned: "I'm on it! You just find out what Wednesday is doing, I don't believe she's just writing and not some how spying on us."

Enid nodded with a smile, "yeah, you're probably right." She grabbed the book and placed it into her bag before skipping off to her room.

Thing watched and he was no longer confused, it was like a snap to reality. He knew what she was.

Enid closed the door to their dorm and she smiled brightly when she saw that Wednesday was actually still there.

Although it was surprising and exciting, Enid didn't feel all that well with it. She felt as if she was missing something.

Nothing was ever too easy with Wednesday or with anything every since she showed up at the school.

"You should be working on the case." Wednesday spoke up as she continued to write on her type writer.

Enid nodded before slowly walking up to the tape of the room. "May I cross?"

Wednesday stopped writing as she looked up and stared at the wall right in front of her. "Do you have any specific reasoning for crossing? I mean I wouldn't want to be surprised with a unwanted hug."

"I promise not to touch you." Enid blushed as she looked down at her fidgeting fingers. "Or get too close, if that's not what you want."

Wednesday chair spun around and she tilted her head. "You may cross."

Enid took a big step before she found herself right across the line. "For some old reason, it smells different."

Wednesday rolled her eyes before turning back to her type writer. "That's not even scientifically possible. The fragrant smell of you just flies through out the whole room." She started to type again. "I could still smell your scent just sitting in class."

Wednesday didn't know the meaning of her words or what it could have meant for the taller girl but it meant a lot. It meant so much that Enid face was drowning in a awful red shade.

"I'm sorry."

Wednesday face had been numbed and blank. "I don't get the reasoning for your apology."

"Well, I know you hate anything for the light of the day. My signature scent is all about sunlight and sunflowers, and rainbows, I love a good symbol of the rainbow and you like cloudy rain, so my scent must have gave you a headache or something."

Wednesday shook her head before taking the paper out and replacing it with another. "No, actually I enjoyed it. It was a weird smell, but it smelt good. Well, it smells good,"

Enid chewed on the inner side of her cheek and shifted awkwardly. "Thing and I, got everything under control, and if my theory is right then we will be painting each other nails, and having fashion shows and-"