➪Chapter Four: A monster

Wednesday stood next to a boy she met only a day ago. Tyler. They met at a coffee shop after Wednesday got yet another vision. This time the vision was about a man getting into a car accident.

Did Wednesday aim to stop it? No. What type of person would she be to actually go and try to stop it. 

But that wasn't the point of this. The point was she was standing next to Tyler at the carnival. She hated the whole thing. But it was for a good cause.

She would have to be watched by Larissa, because of certain things that took place not even a while ago.

How was she going to get the information tonight? She didn't know but she needed to get it some how, the faster she knew to control herself, the faster she could get out of the place.

"So what are we looking for exactly?" Tyler questioned as he shoved his hands into his front pocket.

"We are looking for clues, something that will trigger my visions. Something is going to happen tonight and I could already feel it."

As Wednesday turned around she was met with the presence of the ray of sunshine. "Hey wends. What are you doing over here?" Enid questioned as she smiled brightly.

"One, don't call me that. Two, I'm on a very high class investigation case, why aren't you hanging out with your friends?" Wednesday crossed her arms as Tyler looked between the two awkwardly.

Enid grinned before standing next to Wednesday. "That's exactly what I'm doing. Hanging out with my really cool friend. Now, what case do we have to solve and how can I help?" Enid questioned as she raised her eyebrow.

"I have Tyler here to help. There's nothing much you can really do, unless you can distract Ms.Weems while we travel off and into the woods. Anything is better than nothing." Wednesday folded her arms as she looked from the taller girl and then towards

Enid looked from Tyler and than to Wednesday. "I got it." She saluted before reaching in for a hug but Wednesday backed up once again. "Still not a hugger. I guess not hugging us our thing anyways."

Wednesday watched as Enid skipped over towards Ms.Weem and a tiny smile crept on her lips. It was the edge of her lip that rose but it should count for something.

Tyler stood there in confusion as he looked back and forth from both girls and then sighing. "Are we going to figure this thing out or are you going to keep gazing at her?"

"Her name is Enid." She then looked up at the boy. "And I wasn't gazing. That would be gross to my soul. Let's just get going so we can get back."

Wednesday and Tyler started to make their way around the carnival but was rudely stopped when someone bumped into her. She almost fell until Tyler caught her and her body fell back with her chest pointed directly up at the sky.

She was having another vision.

Rowan.

Blood.

Cuts.

She gasped back up as she saw a very worried Tyler looking at her. She couldn't help but to feel anxious. Not because she liked him, which she damn sure didn't but because she felt the tension and anxiety of what was going to happen.

"Are you okay?" Tyler questioned as he raised his eyebrow. "I can go get Enid and we can figure what this all means out right about now."

Wednesday pushed Tyler back before shaking her head. "ROWAN! NO!" She yelled as she saw him rush off and into the woods.

Wednesday then started to take off after him. "WEDNESDAY!" Tyler yelled after her as he watched the her disappear into the woods.

He turned and ran to find Enid.

"My mom drew this, and she said to kill you if you ever come to this place." Rowan raised Wednesday up against the tree with just the power of a hand.

"Put me down! I'm not capable of finding out the past. This clearly wasn't taken in todays time. I just got to this boring school."

Rowan scoffed. Before he could say anything he was attacked by some big eyed—scary wanna be, monster. Wednesday heart raced but it didn't scare her.

The monster had slashed its claws into Rowan's body as blood splashed on his face. Wednesday walked up to the body before she felt the embrace of someone, or shall I say, someones.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to get you some water or-"

"Why don't you just leave her alone? I'm sure no one wants water after being a witness of murder." Tyler spoke up as Xavier walked up to them.

"What the hell happened?" He asked as he looked at Rowan's body.

Wednesday gulped as she looked up at him, "there was this big ugly looking monster. It killed Rowan."

"Rowan? What do you mean?" Xavier asked as Wednesday turned around to see no body in front of them.

Had she gone mad?

"I swear he was just right here and there was a monster that attacked him and he died. I swear it."

Enid nodded with the same old small smile. "I believe you. I believe everything you said."

"A monster? In what world would monsters exist? I mean I want to believe it but let's be real here." Tyler explained as he ran his fingers through his hair.

After making a statement down at the station, Wednesday still didn't know what was going on with her.

She was for sure positive that she saw Rowan dead. There was no way in hell that she could day dream about something like that.

"Things are going to be okay, no need to grow a gray string of hair." Enid assured as she typed out her last post on social media before turning towards Wednesday. "Thing and I were thinking that maybe we can find out some more information while you take a little break off the case, that way you won't get in trouble and you can still relax while things are being handled."

Wednesday stepped forward and tilted her head. "I don't think so. I need to find out what happened and why Rowan wasn't there. I'm sure it wasn't some stupid hallucination. Once I do find out then maybe that would lead me to figuring out what's going on with these visions."

"You will get in trouble. You already have a shrike. You don't need another one. 3 and you're out, that means you will no longer go to this school." Enid frowned as she looked down at her nails.

Wednesday robotically walked over to her type writer. "That would give me more time to write.." she trailed off as she slide her finger against the type writer.

Enid got up and walked over to the shorter one. She felt herself a little too close. "So is that a yes?" She asked in a small voice before Wednesday turned around.

A small grin was noticeably on her face. "I could see about it. I give you guys a day. If it don't work out then I can go back to solving things but if it do work out then.." she trailed off as she tried to find out a good and fair deal to make.

"If I can do it and find out good information than you have to finally agree that we are friends and give me a big long hug."

"The hug is a bit of a stretch but I can possibly take the whole friends thing under consideration." She tilted her head as she hadn't moved a inch, and Enid was pretty close.

"Deal." She squealed before turning over to her bed and already searching for things to help her with the case.

Wednesday almost found it adorable how happy she was to just be friends with her.

Key word. Almost.