➪Chapter Six: Sleepover

"Are you going to make me wait the whole 24 hours or are you going to tell me the information that you and Thing found out today?" Wednesday questioned as Enid paced around back and forth.

"Okay, so you know Ajax.."

Wednesday nodded as she remained befuddled. "Yeah, the boy you have a massive crush on."

"I don't."

"Just because I'm not interested in the whole feelings thing myself, doesn't mean I don't know love when I see it."

Enid cringed and scrunched her nose, "I need you to figure out what love means to you because there is definitely not love between Ajax and I. We are friends, if you would even call us that after today"

Wednesday stepped up and almost across the line. "What happened? Did he try something on you?" Wednesday asked as she started to get offended.

Enid frowned and shook her head. "No, he just kept calling you names and being very disrespectful. Of course I didn't let him just sit there and talk about you, so we had an argument."

"You don't need to defend me. Especially against your friends, they will be here when I'm not."

Enid sighed as she felt a sting in her heart, she chose to ignore it. "Anyways, Ajax is in this secret society but I don't know what it's called. In this society there's a group of books." Enid reached for the book and handed it to Wednesday, "this is the book that's missing that page you were talking about."

Wednesday took the book and flipped through out the pages. A small smile was on her face. An actual smile. "God I could kiss you right now." Wednesday voice was filled with excitement. She hurried her way over to her desk as she took out the photo that was missing from the book.

Enid stood their as if her legs couldn't move.

'I could kiss you right now.'

Enid felt like she was on a rollercoaster and was almost as if they were butterflies. The werewolf face froze.

She didn't understand why she would feel such a thing, especially off of a meaningless comment that Wednesday said. It was nothing, and it meant nothing. Wednesday made it clear that she was the queen of emotionless.

If it meant nothing to Wednesday then it couldn't have meant anything to Enid.

"You did it. You figured out the first solution to my problem. Now we have to find out what group Ajax is in, and why."

Enid nodded like a little puppy. "Aren't we going to spend the night together, first?" She asked in a small voice.

Wednesday signed as she looked over to the werewolf. "Yes. That's what I promised."

Enid face lit up like a kid on Christmas before rushing to her closet to get out two sets of outfits. "I got us matching pjs sets!" Enid handed her a black set of the identical purple outfit she had. "Tonight is going to be awesome!" She squealed before running into the bathrooms

Wednesday looked down at the outfit before looking back up. She didn't know whether to be surprised that Enid actually thought out to get her a black outfit instead of those awful boring colors that Enid loved so much. Or should she be upset that they had to match?

She didn't know, but it sparked up a new undeveloped emotion in her. Wednesday clutched the outfit in her hand before making her way to change out of the one she's wearing.

Enid was done getting ready. As soon as she walked out of bathroom, she was met with Wednesday. Her eyes softened.