C H A P T E R 18

ANGELA
•••••••••••••

A smile appears on my face when I think about the day I had spend with Elijah yesterday. Being there with him felt like I was a kid again, reliving old memories of our time together there. It's something I'll cherish forever.

After the kiss - my first kiss - I shared with Elijah,was a feeling I never felt before. My whole body tingled and was filled with light and warmth - something I don't ever want to forget. It's truly a feeling beyond my ability to explain.

My cheeks heat as I think about how I pulled away and Elijah had pulled me back, kissing me with so much heat. We couldn't keep our hands off each other until we heard the familiar ring of a phone call.Elijah was out of breath by the time he answered the call with anger and obvious annoyance. 

Why does someone always seem call at the worse time? 

After ending the call he had sighed deeply while I gave him a small smile. He asked if I wanted to go back home but I didn't feel like going back just yet. 

So we decided to spend most of the afternoon at his private beach. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable after what had happened between us. Being at the beach with Elijah was quite relaxing and fun.  I haven't smiled or laughed that much in awhile and I'm grateful that he is the one making me so happy.

"What's got you so full of smiles this morning?" Nicole asks with a knowing look as she enters the kitchen.

My eyes widen and I quickly look down at my pack of gummy bears in hand. I was craving something sweet and this is my go to snack when I do.

I plop one into my mouth and look at Nicole with feigned cluelessness. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh don't act like nothing happened yesterday on your date with Elijah." She says in a teasing tone and my cheeks burn even further.

"It wasn't a date." I plop another gummy in my mouth and distract myself by making Elijah some coffee.

After returning back home yesterday, Elijah had to go straight to his office because something came up. He probably only got a few hours of sleep before Lorenzo called him in the middle of the night. I don't know why though, I only know that it was important because Elijah had grabbed his keys and quickly changed into a suit.

He's still in the meeting room, along with Dante, Lorenzo, Gio and a few other men. I decided to make him a cup of coffee since he didn't get a decent night of sleep and not because I actually just want an excuse to see him.

"Oh come on," She rolls her eyes and starts making herself some breakfast. "It was definitely a date."

I don't say anything and busy myself around the kitchen. Nicole comes up beside me and smiles at me expectantly. "So are you gonna tell me what happened on your date or do I have to use force to get it out of you?" She blinks at me innocently.

I sigh and turn towards her. "Stop calling it a date and I'll tell you what happened."

She nods her head quickly and gestures for me to continue.

I sigh again before telling her where Elijah had taken me yesterday. I describe how beautiful the place was and how Elijah and I used to go there all the time.

"Yeah yeah, now get to the good part." She insists and I roll my eyes before looking down at my hands.

"Well, nothing much happened. We went to the beach after that and swam for a while." I say and a blush starts to rise. "That's all. Then we came home."