C H A P T E R 11

ANGELA
•••••••••••••

Closing the door to Nicole's bedroom, I sigh as I close my eyes and lean my head back against the door. My tiredness all gone now that my cheeks are on fire.

What just happened?

"Can you hurry up please.Something clearly happened to her and I need to know what!" Nicole's voice forces my eyes open. I look as she rushes Dante around the room, grabbing all his stuff.

I forgot that Nicole is kicking Dante out of the room so we could have our girls night. He has to sleep in his room for the night and is pretty bummed out about it too. I hide my smile as he continues to pout and grumble things under his voice.

When he's done, he turns to Nicole and kisses her before saying goodnight to the both of us.

As soon as the door closes behind him, Nicole asks, "What happened?"

I shake my head and wave it off with my hand.

"Come on. Tell me what happened. Your red cheeks isn't helping your situation." She pats the space next to her on the bed and I roll my eyes playfully before joining her on the bed.

"Now, tell me everything." Nicole says, getting comfortable on the bed. "And start from the beginning."

When I first arrived here this morning, I had told Nicole about how my life has been this passed year and she filled me in about everything over here. I didn't really get the chance to tell her about what happened in Spain.

So I take a deep breath before I start telling her about what had happened in Spain. I tell her about the first time I saw Elijah again and the promise he made me at my hotel room. I tell her about the surprise he gave me and how we sort of spent the night talking and enjoying each other's company.

Then I breath out before telling her about what had happened now, when I was saying goodnight to Elijah. "I don't know why I reacted that way." I finish, deciding to lay back on the bed and aimlessly glance up at the ceiling.

For a few minutes, it's was quiet. Slowly Nicole also decided to lay back and join me as we both stared up at the ceiling in thought.I then heard her sigh before turning on her side and staring at me.

"Are you still in love with him?" She asks and my heart skips a beat.

Then a soft laugh escapes my lips and I shake my head. "I've never been in love with Elijah." I reply and I turn my face to look at her.

She frowns at me and I sigh.

"I mean I guess I loved him when we were kids but..." I trail off. I've always loved Elijah. But not in a romantic way. Sure you could say I liked him and maybe had a small crush on him but I was never in love with him. I mean that's crazy, right?

"Things changed and feelings faded..." Yeah that's it. "My love for him just... faded."

Nicole gives me a soft smile before wrapping her arms around me. I wrap my arms around her too and we just lay like that for a few minutes. My thoughts swirling with thoughts I didn't necessarily want to voice out.

Nicole untangled herself from me before getting under covers and getting comfortable. I did the same but laid on my back as she laid on her side.

Nicole yawns softly and I chuckle. "You're probably tired from chasing Dante around the mansion earlier today."

She nods. "Yeah he can be a handful sometimes but he's kinda already mine so I can't get a refund." She yawns again before saying. "And I love him too much to get rid of him."