So I begin with a low growl, glaring as I slowly move toward him. At this, he tries to back away, but he's already backed into the wall. As I get closer, he moves up onto his feet, putting his whole body back on the metal surface. He is almost the same height as me when I'm on all fours. I continue to approach until I can feel my snout barely even close to his face, and I can easily see how afraid he is.

I feel like crushing this guy just to put him out of his misery because I don't think he's going to last living whatever pain the Galra haven't put him through already. But the commander was very clear that we're both valuable and from what I see in his eyes, he seems to have some fight in him.

After staring eye to eye with each other for a few ticks, I lightly bare my teeth and growl, making the Champion more terrified, until I give him a big breath of a snort in his face making him flinch.

Moving to the back corner farthest away from him, I do a circle before making myself comfortable. I don't make eye contact with the human, but I feel him staring at me. I simply ignore that feeling and the dead silence in the cell allows me to drift off to sleep.

I suddenly wake up when I hear the lock on the door. I watch as it rises and reveals three sentries, I bow my head before the door fully opens. They walk in and grab the human, who tries to resist them. The drones manage to keep their grip as they drag the human out before closing the door with me alone inside.

I can't help but think about how foolish he was trying to disobey the Galra's request. Then again, he could still be new here, lots of those people are resistant.

I lay back down and continue to wait for whatever could happen next when they open the door again.

After a few Vargas of silence, the sentries are back with the Champion, only he looks more battered and bruised than before. Must've been in the arena, no one escapes a gladiator fight unscathed. I've been in battle in the arena a while back a few times and I always left them with only a few scratches.

They throw the human in and lock the door, leaving the two of us alone again. The human groans while he lifts his body from the ground and leans back against the wall. I can't help but stare at the helpless fellow. I'm surprised that he has enough fight in him to become a Champion, but who knows how much of it he has left before he finally breaks, like I did.

>>>--->

Fire stretches all over the ground, the flames rising higher than I can jump. Giant puffs of smoke are floating higher than any ceiling, bright flashing lights flickering inside them. Loud noises erupt from every direction, the painful sounds throbbing in my head.

"Reptile!" Shouts a voice.

This scares me so, I run straight into the fire through any openings that I can get to. I'm not sure what I might find through this, but I don't want to be here forever.

"Monster!" Another voice screams.

"Creature!" Then again,

"Pathetic lizard."

"Starblaze!"

I run, leap, twist, and turn, in every direction I go, but nothing changes. The fire's getting bigger, flickering lights in the smoke are becoming brighter, and the screams and shouts are getting louder. It's all overwhelming and almost too much for me to handle.

I keep running and running through every gap in the flames until I suddenly see that I'm coming to a dead end. I halt and turn to run back the other way, but the path is now gone. I'm trapped.

I begin to panic as the fires are closing in on me, I couldn't find a way out. A light flashes in my face, it almost makes me go blind.

I look up to see how close the creepy lights are, and then suddenly, my whole vision has gone bright and I hear the voice of a child screaming,

"NOOOO!!!"

I gasp as I lift my head, trying to calm myself after everything that I saw. Then I look up, the ceiling is purple and so are the walls around me.

Nightmare. I was sleeping, it was all in my head.

I breathe a sigh of relief while taking in the cold air of the cell, but then I get a weird feeling, like something or someone is looking at me.

I look back at where the Champion is sitting, only to see that he is staring right at me, the look on his face is unreadable for me to know what he's probably thinking.

I must've made a lot of noise when I was asleep. If he sees me with any fear, he'll see that I have weakness, the one thing I cannot show to anyone, ever. I glare at the human while rumbling in my throat.

"What are you looking at?" I growl.

He gasps at my remark and immediately turns his gaze away from me. I snort in approval before lying my head down again.