Gifts for Friends

Start from the beginning

"Go," She growled, her eyes fully black and dark veins spreading from her eyes.

"What?" Renir sneered, "You going to call for your daddy?"

"I don't need a male to handle you for me-" She cut herself off, eyes shifting to me, to the fur I was wearing. "My lady!"

"Hello," I smiled at the beautiful female, relief flooding her eyes when I approached, "My name is Aslin."

The female tilted her head to the side, exposing more of her neck, "Anna. I'm glad you are enjoying the cloak his lordship selected for you."

"He got this from you?" I fingered the fur, "It is lovely, you do great work."

"Thank you," Anna grinned at me, her eyes sparkling, "My mate and I usually go hunting together."

"As fascinating as this conversion is, I was talking to Miss Anna first." Renir huffed, his arms crossed as he glared down at me.

Straightening my spine I kept my smile, "You were?"

"Yes," He growled, eyes narrowing suspiciously, "You should get going, Aslin."

"I don't think I'm quite finished talking to Anna yet," I beamed up at him, "You should get going, Renir."

"Lord Renir," He corrected, scowling down at me, "I am the son of the count so you need to address me as such."

"I am the daughter of the viscount and bonded to the lord of this castle." I growled, my smile dropping, "You will address me as such. You may be the son of a count, but right now you are a soldier. One of my soldiers, come out here again bothering a female or male for that matter and I will punish you in ways so unique you'll have nightmares about me for the rest of your life. Get back to the castle now."

"Aslin-" Renir snarled.

"My mate cut out my parents tongues for disrespecting me," I hummed, my smile back as I grinned up at him, "I wonder what he would do to you."

His jaw snapped shut, nostrils flaring as he attempted to control his anger. Black bled out from his pupils, the sight of his lycan having some of the random males that had taken note of the situation step closer. My brother was pressed against my side, lip curled in a snarl.

Renir blinked quickly, rolling back his shoulders and schooling his expression. His chest rose and fell with deep breaths before he finally took notice of all the males that had surrounded him with serious expressions. He spun on his heel, shoving through the crowd and disappearing from view.

"I see living here has helped you grow a backbone," Bryn snarked in my ear.

Ignoring him I turned back to Anna, trusting that the males beside me would do something if Renir came back. She was glaring in the direction that he had disappeared in. Green eyes glittered with unrestrained fire and for a second I swear I saw actual fire in her eyes.

"Where is your mate?" I asked her, green eyes meeting mine briefly.

"I'm allowed to be here without him," She huffed, teeth gritting together, "I don't need him to protect me all the time."

"I didn't think that you did," Her eyes flicked up to mine and I gave her another smile, "I certainly don't need either of these troublemakers beside me either. I took down a troll on my own and have broken a nose or two as well. If I can hold my own I'm sure you can as well."

"Apologizes." She muttered, her cheeks going from pink to red in seconds.

I waved off her apology, "You can make it up to me. I need some more friends here that can teach me more about northern customs and the mountains and I think you'd be perfect. Would you be able to meet me somewhere in two days to discuss this?"