Chapter Twenty. Visiting hours.

I stared at my open window. There was no way he had gotten in so quietly, that would just be inhuman. But after all, Jeff's whole existence was unhuman. I looked around to see if he was there. I saw nothing. I tried to make un a million excuses in my mind on why that window would but open, but it was no use. There was no doubt that Jeff was in the room. I reached my left arm down slowly to grab the gun. I felt around for a moment, I couldn't find it. I sat up and looked down to my left to try and see it.

Suddenly, coming from the right I had just looked away from, I felt a cold metal press against my neck. My whole body became paralyzed with fear. It didn't feel like a knife. No, it felt like a gun. The gun that had been at my side seconds ago. I listened, and I could hear him breathing. I could feel his presence.

"Give me your phone."

I slowly reached for my phone and handed it to him, not daring to look in his direction. Once he took it I felt him lower the gun. I slowly looked over at him. The room was dark, but I could still see his face vividly. No matter how many times I saw it I could never get used to that face. Though to be fair, I looked similar now with my cut smile. He put his hand on the side of my face, and I flinched.

"You got stitches." He said. His voice was always so threatening, no matter what he said. I didn't dare to reply.

"They probably did those when you were unconscious, yeah? Do you want me to fix it for you?" He asked. I shook my head no, too afraid to speak.

"Hm. Maybe later then." He said. He traced my cut smile with his fingers.

"Now, I need to keep fixing you." He said. My eyes widened. What was he going to do to me?

"You need to realize the truth about your life. You need to see how cruel the world is. You need to hurt. Then you will understand. Soon you can be like me, then everything will feel better." He said. What did he mean? Was he going to ruin my life? Was he going to hurt someone I love? My eyes started to tear up.

"Don't cry. Pain is a part of becoming who you're supposed to be y/n." He said. He reached into his pocket and pulled out something badly wrapped in wrapping paper.

"Look, I got you something." He said as he handed it to me. I held it in my hands.

"Keep it with you, trust me. You're going to need it." He said.

"I should go now, I don't want to keep scaring you. You'll understand eventually alright. Don't keep trying to figure out something that doesn't make sense." He patted me on the head and walked towards the window.

"Oh, and remember, visiting hours are from nine to three." He said.

I didn't look at where he went, I just stared straight ahead. I was shaking. What was he trying to tell me? No, I needed answers, I looked over to the window.

"Jeff, wait-"

But just as quick as he came, he was gone.