Chapter Twelve. Hospital.

I opened my eyes. For a moment I was confused, then I remembered where I was. I felt my arm connected to an IV, pulse monitors on my fingers, and a strange pain in my stomach. I slowly sat up. I looked around the room once more, and I noticed a tv, a remote, and a bag. I picked up the bag and opened it. It was full of my belongings, even my phone I had dropped in the woods the night that...

That...

My memories came flooding back into my mind. How did I get here? Jeff wouldn't have taken me to a hospital and risked getting caught. What happened? Wheres Mila? I pressed the "call nurse" button on the wall. Within a few moments, a nurse entered the room. She looked slightly shocked to see I was awake. She pressed a button on a small black device, paging a doctor I assume. She walked to the side of my bed.

"Good morning Miss L/N. I'm happy you're awake. Your doctor will be here soon. Are there any questions I can answer for you in the meantime?" She said kindly

"How did I get here? Who brought me here? Did the police find me?" I said

"You were found in front of the hospital three days ago, dehydrated, starved, and freezing. You were not conscious at the time," she said

"Did the police get Jeff?" I said anxiously

The woman paused for a moment and looked at me with concern.

"Who is Jeff?" she said

Again, another wave of memories came over me. I was the only one who knew the killer was Jeff. And wait a minute, did Jeff seriously bring me to a hospital? The nurse proceeded to explain to me that the police were going to question me. They did not know if I had been attacked by the killer, Jeff, or if I was in an unrelated case. They only knew I went missing the night he was in town, my car was parked near a crime scene, and that a friend of mine was found unconscious in the woods with my phone near her. She also told me that Mila had suffered internal bleeding in her brain from the hit she took to her head, and she did not remember the events that happened the night I went missing.

"The killings have gone down over the last three months, the police had suspected that had something to do with your disappearance." She said

This made sense, of course, a victim of Jeff's had never gone missing before, and the most he would have done was put a victim's body in a bush or something of the sort to delay its discovery, but not kidnap-

Wait.

Three months?