Chapter 32: The New Leader

Blackfoot's POV

"Blackfoot tonight's the gathering" Russetfur whispered, "And we still don't have a leader." I wrapped my tail around her, "Be patient, StarClan will give us a sign."

Tangleburr was sharing a mouse with Nightwhisper. For the past few days I've been helping Tigerclaw and Runningnose with ShadowClan. After a while Runningnose said we can come back to ShadowClan. It felt so great being a ShadowClan cat again. I slept in the same nest with Russetfur and Tigerclaw gave Mowgli and Snag Warrior names.

Mowgli became Nightwhisper and Snag was now Jaggedtooth. I was happy for them, Dawncloud is now Stumpytail's mate and Tallpoppy has moved into the nursery expecting kits of her own. Tangleburr and Nightwhisper might be mates too, their so close together.

I watched the sun move higher in the sky.

Shadow? We kinda need you down here to give us a leader for tonight, please we need you I prayed to StarClan.

"What are you doing?" Ratpaw came up behind me. "I'm just praying to StarClan" I said. I turned to him, "Why do you always ask me so many questions?" He looked embrassed, "Uh, Uh..."

He didn't know, was he trying to test me to see if I new the thinga he wanted to know? I looked on his back, he now had a ling scar across his back from a fight with ThunderClan. "Ratpaw?" He turned to walk away. "Wait, can I talk to you?"

He stopped then walked over to me, "I know you hate me" Ratpaw went to object, "Please just listen to what I have to say." I kept on talking, "I know you hate me because I was exiled, I'm a traitor to the clans and I understand that, but please know that whatever you yhink of me, I don't think of you." Ratpaw stayed silent.

"I love you, your my son and If I had Nine lives, I wouldn't hesitate for a heartbeat to give them up for you, Snowpaw or Russetfur. I just want you to know that son" With that I turned to walk away. "Wait Blackfoot!" Ratpaw ran up to me.

He smashed into me and rubbed against my chest, "I don't hate you, I never did, I just didn't know you very well, but now I do" he said, then looked up at me, "I remeber, when we were kits Russetfur brought us out to meet you, I slashed you nose but I remeber you still loved us. When It got cold you wrapped yourself around us to keep us warm. Thank you."

I licked the top of his head, "I love you Ratpaw."

"I love you too Father."

Night was settling and the whole of ShadowClan was worried.

"We don't have a leader!"

"The other Clans will laugh at us!"

"What are we going to do?"

"Has StarClan abandon us?"

Runningnose leaped on   the Clan-rock, I couldn't hear what he was saying, "What are we going to do?" Ratpaw whispered. "I don't know."

Suddenly Runningnose jumped down, "It's a Claw, has anyone lost a claw today?" We all shook our heads. I moved closer with Runningnose to examine it, "It has stripes on it, stripes like a Tiger!" He gasped.

"StarClan has spoken!" I told the Clan. Runningnose sat up, "StarClan has chosen Tigerclaw to be our leader!" Tigerclaw past me and jump onto the Clan-rock.

"TIGERSTAR TIGERSTAR!!" The Clan cheered.

I felt Russetfur, Snowpaw and Ratpaw brush up beside me, "See, all you needed was a little faith."

Tigerclaw began to speak, "I am honored by StarClan's choice, I will leade ShadowClan the best I can! As the Warrior Code says I must choose I deputy, so I say these word before the spirits of my ansestors, so that they may approve with my choice..."

"Blackfoot will once again be ShafowClans deputy!"

_____________________________

Three more chapters! Then it will all be done! Finally.
Bye~