Chapter 9: My Son And Daughter

Blackfoot's POV

Once again, I snuck out of our den and towards the border, it was warmer now, and perfect to bring kits out.

Kits, I'm going to meet my kits.

The thought made me smile and ran faster to the border.

At last I got there, and I waited.

Where was she?

Would she come?

Would my kits like him?

What will happen if they don't?

They ran through my head over and over again, scaring me at the thought my own kits wouldn't like me.

I tasted the air and Russetfur's scent came in contact with my nose immediately.

With her there we're two other scents, my kits.

Finally she walked out of the bushes with one white kit in her mouth, and one brown kit by her paws.

"Who is this?" The white she-kit asked as Russetfur put her down.

She walked out and rubbed up against me then looked back at our kits.

"This is Ratkit and Snowkit" she said to me. Ratkit was the brown tom and Snowkit was the white she-kit. She had green eyes and Ratkit had amber eyes.

"Their…beautiful" I whispered and sniffed Snowkit.

Ratkit slashed my nose with his thorn-sharp claws and as I backed up he protected his sister.

"Ratkit!" Russetfur growled.

"Who is this cat?" Snowkit whimpered.

"This…" she paused and moved them closer to me, "…is your father."

They gasped and I laid down, "Hello little ones, I'm glad to see you for the first time."

Ratkit didn't looked like he believed her, but Snowkit slowly walked towards me.

"You're our father?" She asked.

I smiled, "Yes my little kit"I said and gently laid down to try nuzzling her again.

This time she pressed forward and a tiny purr sounded in her thoat. I grinned and let out a loud purr that rumbled in my throat.

She looked at me in surprise then gave a giggle, "the name Blackfoot kinda suits you."

I looked down at my paws then lifted one of his black paws on rested it on her head.

By that time Ratkit had came beside his sister and looked up at me with suspisious eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you son" I said gently hoping my son would believe me.

"Why don't you live in ShadowClan?" Ratkit asked.

I flinched at the question, Because I was banished for following a murderer that was the truth, but how could I tell them that.

"He and a few other warriors are living out of the clan but their still part of ShadowClan" Russetfur said quickly.

I sighed, "Yes."

"Alright" Snowkit giggled.

For the first time Ratkit smiled, "Your a very muscular cat" he said.

I looked down at the muscles that rippled through my pelt. "I guess I am."

A breeze blew by and Snowkit shivered, "You better bring them back" I said wrapping my tail around her.

Russetfur nodded, She rubbed against me one more time then took our kits and walked away.

"Bye daddy!" Snowkit yawned.

My heart skipped, they liked me. Snowkit called me daddy, I am her father, and Ratkit.

______________________________________

Yay It's done! And very short I aploigize seriously, March Break has been quite busy. Baby Snowkit and Ratkit are sooo cute! And fight against me  if u say that Blackfoot isn't a great father >:( he's a awesome Daddy!
Bye~