Chapter 31: Brother

Blackfoot's POV

I yawned as the sun woke shone in my eyes. The air was warm and a gentle breeze tugged at my fur. Tigerclaw was moving around beside me before he jerked awake.

"Is something wrong?" Stumpytail asked lifting his head. Tigerclaw stood up, "We have to go to ShadowClan." I got up alone with the others and went to Tigerclaw, "Did you have a dream from StarClan?"

He kept on walking, "We just have to go to ShadowClan." We followed him to the camp. When we got there Russetfur was chating with Wolfstep, Fernshade was leaning against him.

"Russetfur!" I called and ran to her, "Your back" she licked my neck, "Is there something wrong?" "Nightstar is dead."

I gasped, "He lost all of his nine lives?"

She nodded, Snowpaw ran up to me, "Blackfoot your back!" She purred. I smiled and wrapped my tail around her. Tigerclaw was talking with Runningnose.

"Nightstar is dead, what will happen now?" Snowpaw asked. "His deputy will take the place of clan leader" I explained.

Wolfstep nudged me, "His deputy Cinderfur was the first to die." "What?! He didn't choose another deputy?!"

Russetfur shook her head, "He was too sick." If he didn't choose a deputy then I don't know what happens...

"Then I guess we wait for StarClan to choose our new leader" I said nervously. This has never happened before.

"What if they don't?" A voice whispered behind me.

I turned around and Ratpaw was sitting behind me. I was suprised he was talking to me but I shook away my thoughts to answer him, "StarClan watch over all of the Clans if we need a new leader, they'll send us a sign, you just need to have a little faith."

Ratpaw flicked his ear, "If they watch over all the Clans and care for us, how come they let Brokenstar become leader?"

I felt my body tense, how do I answer that one?

"There are somethings that StarClan can't do."  Ratpaw thought for a moment "Alright" then he walked away. I turned to Russetfur, "What was that about?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I told him to give you a chance so I guess he's trying to warm up to you." "I hope I gave him the right answers" I whispered.

Tigerclaw walked over to me, "Blackfoot can I speak to you?"

I nodded and followed him away from the camp, "What is it?" Tigerclaw leaned over to me, "Runningnose has asked me to help him with ShadowClan" he said.

"Are you?"

He nodded, "I'm going to need some help with that, you were ShadowClan's deputy, so you know a lot about the Clan, will you help me."

"I…I…Of course" I stuttered.

He chuckled, "Thanks."

As we headed back Fernshade was arguing with Runningnose, I ran over there quickly, "Hey what's going on?" I asked.

"Flintfang is sick and Runningnose won't help!" She wailed.

My eyes widened, "What?"

"No, There is nothing I can do Blackfoot, he's too weak to eat or drink, the illness will most likely take him tonight, There is nothing I can do" Runningnose said then walked back into his den.

"Blackfoot?" Fernshade fretted.

"He's dying…"

I was completely paralized with greif, Badgerfang, Frostykit, Clawface, Hollyflower, Archeye, Nightstar and now Flintfang! Everyone I loved and cared about was dead.

I ran into Runningnose's den and to the sickly lump of fur that was my brother, "Hey Blackfoot you can't be here!" Runningnose hissed.

"Please let me say goodbye to him, I already touched Nightstar and I'm not sick, I never got to say goodbye to my parents or kit, let me say it to my brother."

Runningnose looked at me with respect in his eyes now, "Alright, but be quick."

I leaned down, "Flintfang? I don't now if you can hear me but…" I rested my head on his side, "I just want to say Thank you, for always being there for me and looking after me, I couldn't ask for a better brother." Tears dripped down my face.

"Blackfoot?" Littlecloud stepped in, "Runningnose says it's time to leave" he said gently. I nodded, "I know, thank you."

As I walked out Russetfur came up to me, "I'm sorry Blackfoot."

Tigerclaw, Stumpytail, Tangleburr, Mowgli, Snag and I stayed in the camp to watch ShadowClan. Russetfur stayed up with me. Finally Runningnose walked out of his den. As he past he didn't even look at me.

I knew Flintfang was dead.

__________________________________

Yikes this took longer than I expected. Ah Flintfang is dead, They nevet said how he died though, he just did. So he dies in this story from the sickness. And Ratpaw has finally talked to Blackfoot. FATHER SON BONDING lol.
Bye~