Volume 1 - XXII

<< chapter 22 >>

~ Inner Turmoil ~

। कैसी है ये अनहोनी , हर आंख हुई नम ।

कैसी है ये अनहोनी , हर आंख हुई नम

🎶: Jay Jaykara

_________________

The news of Ishan's team winning the finals spread in the whole Akhand Arora and everyone rejoiced the victory of their prince. Lamps were lit up and firecrackers were bursted.

But there was gloominess in Jaisingh Arora's eyes. He had seen his bestfriend, collapse in the ground. After god knows what he heard on the call. Jaisingh quickly admitted Pandattva to a hospital in the nearest vicinity and was waiting rather impatiently outside the ICU.

He decided to call his wife and dictate her the whole incident. Jyotsana was worried too, after hearing everything. Why were so many things going wrong?

"But....Pandattva is still in critical condition." He said over the call.

Just then, the doctor stepped out of the hall and Jaisingh got up instantly.

"What happened to him doctor?"

"He has severe trauma, Mr Arora. Seeing the conditions, it looks like a heart attack to us. He's still under observation. We'll get back to you sooner as I've called for the cardio surgeon."

Jaisingh was intrigued to find out what the news was.

****

Hiya woke up with a start.

She wasn't aware of any surroundings leaving the phone call.

Her father....had fainted....and she knew why...

She tried to get up from the bed. But was held down by someone.

"Hey! Stay down." Came a concerned voice.

"What's happening?" Hiya asked feebly.

"Pandu uncle's news broke and your blood pressure went really low. So you fainted." Ishan informed.

Hiya noticed Ishan still in his team jersey.

She then saw the clock. 5 am.

"You didn't sleep?" Hiya asked.