Volume 1 - XXI

<< chapter 21 >>

~ Downfall ~

बाबा मैं तेरी मलिका

बाबा मैं तेरी मलिका

टुकड़ा हूं तेरे दिल का

🎶: Dilbaro

_______________________________

2 months later.

"Ishan Arora's great performance in every match might make him the man of the series at the end."

"The way Ishan Arora played in the Under-19 World Cup was enough to tell us he's a dynamic batsman."

"He's been scoring a half century in almost every match till now."

"Ishan's paving his path to a permanent player in the Indian team and he'll also get there."

"One of the finest players we have today. He should definitely get a spot in the national team."

Hiya read the headlines about Ishan in about every news on internet.

She unconsciously smiled. And when she realised this, she smiled even more.

Hiya kept the phone aside and looked outside. The morning was a bit gloomy today. She then remembered how Ishan had changed that one time she went to the match two months back. As expected, the media did catch them and rumours were spreading like wildfire. But they soon slowed down as Veer confirmed in one of his interviews that there was nothing between them. Hiya was thankful to her brother.

But the rush of happiness she felt during this IPL season. For her brother, definitely, but even for Ishan. After helping him with his project, talking on calls frequently and also social media influenced her feelings a lot. She felt a surge of jittery feelings, butterflies fluttering in her abdomen, which she didn't want to happen, but had no choice. No matter how much she convinced her heart to stop beating wildly at the mere mention of his name, the organ betrayed her shamelessly.

Hiya got a message in her phone reminding her about her tasks today. A cab was waiting for her that would take her to the director and producer, Thomas, who had travelled to India after she said yes for his offer. She was nervous. Studies never scared Hiya but camera and too many people did. Well now, even the former scared Hiya. She had a strict warning from her father saying she mustn't get distracted from studies. But all she was doing these days was from the sets of Mahabharat to the interviews and now, taking part in the new music video. And she knew, working with this director would open her to the real media world. She had already started getting collaborations from Bollywood productions houses.